10.04.2014

HOW TO DO COME HITHER EYES


Look away Mom and Dad because today is about bringing the sexay. Nothing says sultry to me quite like a smoked out cat eye. For this kind of look it's really not about lifting or widening your eyes – no flicking your wing up. It's about drawing everything outwards and keeping it soft and smudgy. You want your eyes to look like you can barely keep them open because you're so ready for bed... only you won't be sleeping. Oh my. So how does one get this look? Follow along!

Step 1:
Prime them peepers. I used the Nars Smudge Proof Eyshadow Base because it's the only primer I've ever used that's kept my eyeshadow in place. Then, using the Meet Matte Nude Palette (pictures below), I took a neutral light shadow (Matt Malloy) all over the lid and into the inner corner of the eye.


Step 2:
Take your gel liner (Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner) and a fine liner brush (Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush) and draw in your winged liner. The line should be quite thin and the wing can almost go straight out, rather than flicking up. It's okay if the liner doesn't look perfect as you're going to smudge it out. The only bit you need to worry about perfecting is the actual flick.


Step 3:
Smudge time. You want to create a gradient coming up from your liner. Laying up product is the best way to do this. I first took a dark ashy shade (Matt Abdul) and blended up with a the Real Techniques Shading Brush and Deluxe Crease Brush. Next I look a slightly darker colour (Matt Hung) and blended up again, but this time focusing it lower down. Finally I too a black shadow (MAC Carbon) on an angled brush (Eco-tools) and slightly smudged up my liner. I had to go back in with my gel liner after that to add intensity once more to the base of the lashes.


Step 4:
Then it's time to turn your attention to your bottom lash line. I took a black pencil (Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil) and filled in the outer third of my waterliner. I also added a small amount between my outer lashes and smudged it out with some more ashy shadow, using the Real Techniques Accent Brush.


Step 5:
To add some more intensity, tightline with you black liner. Then the final step that brings it all together is mascara (L'oreal Miss Manga). Try to push your lashes towards the outer corner of you eyes as you apply it. It helps to keep the look nice and drawn out.






























40 comments:

  1. Such a lovely look and it seems easy enough to recreate! I'll have to give this a go. Your lashes look incredible with the Miss Manga mascara on! xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stunner alright! Thats a movie star in the first picture! :-) You make it sound so easy.. should give this a go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous look! I love how smokey it is. Really pretty.

    Chloe The Redhead |
    Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I really want that palette, might have to buy it after all... ;)
    xJ
    www.wingmeadream.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl, you look incredible! brows/lashes/liner are SO on point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look and I actually have never tried anything like it so definitely something to try next time I am playing around with makeup. You are stunning btw! x

    Beauty with charm | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look bloody amazing. Definitely going to try this sultry look - it looks sex-ay! How did you achieve those killer cheek bones? I'm dying to know.

    X Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing! I should really give this a try but with my eye shape, a thin line of liner won't even show :( Great blog post

    http://heyyletsmakeup.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is really nice. I don't know why it took me so long to include it in something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. I'll take all of those compliments and enjoy the bejesus out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. Slick blog design by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's kind of a big compliment because I didn't actually do anything to them. I think the light was just working for me in those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should give it a go! And take pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You nailed this look, looking amazing as usual!!
    Thanks for the tutorial :)

    Tweezers and Tongs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I'm jealous, haha. You're very blessed then! X

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful and sexy indeed! Thank you for the steps, they were really helpful! :)

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh well I... *swishes hair*... I'm awfully flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you've got slightly more hooded eyes you should follow heyclaire's tutorials (if you don't already)! They are fantastic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJJgu01l5kU&list=UUJyfryZQsoN_ttLFe6vYKmw

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome. I'm glad the steps paid off (they took a while).

    ReplyDelete
  20. You nailed this look, babe! SOOO GORGEOUS! Cant believe I only discovered your blog now. New to follow for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved this post, the way it is written and photographed couldn't be better. Your tips are always great. I hope this works for blue/green eyes too! Thank you! <a href="https://ambermariemarie.wordpress.com”>AmberMarie</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooof, that's SUCH a perfectly applied sexy cat-eye. And the simplicity of the photos really lets your perfect makeup application shine through!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy crap Holly...just...holy...crap. Forget Emma Stone, you are my ultimate girl crush! Can't wait to try this myself, I almost always "flick-up" so it will be interesting to try something different ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhhoo hoo. Girl crushing is happening on both ends. Send me a picture if you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Blue/green eyes always look amazing with anything smokey. Also your blog is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your lashes are to die for! Gah. I feel like I won't be able to pull off this look because of my hooded lids (making eyeshadow virtually invisible) and non-existent lashes. But I've never tried pulling everything straight out (I always flicked out and was disappointed) so maybe I'll try it now, since you pull it off so fabulously!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ditto over here, but thank you very much! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You bet I will! btw, your e-mail made my entire week, will reply soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always think hooded eyes look so good with a smokey look. I know it's a bit harder to make it show, but the effect is so good in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You definitely make me want to do this exact same look because it definitely screams "come hither." You go girl!

    xx, Ada
    www.adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this sexy smokey eye look! Perfect for a night out!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your eyes look so pretty like this! Will have to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this smoky look! So pretty!


    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete