10.06.2014

SEPTEMBER FAVOURITES


October is here! That makes me so excited. October means Thanksgiving (Canada... we're different here) and Thanksgiving means mushroom gravy and pumpkin pie... not together. And I think this year I may have to adopt my beloved friend Flora's tradition of binge-watching all of the Thanksgiving episodes of Friends. But before I slip into my Thanksgiving sweatpants, I first have to tell you what I enjoyed for the month of September!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
I've already mentioned this moisturizer a few times this month (here and here) and I couldn't not include it in my favourites. It's been an awesome discovery for me – the perfect daytime moisturizer for oily skin. It dries completely matte and smooths out your skin in preparation for any base products.

Bourjois Bronzing Primer
I don't know why I haven't talked about this guy yet because he's pretty spiffy. It's marketed as a bronzing primer, but you could wear it either under or over your foundation. I've actually been wearing it under my foundation, as the name suggests, and it shows through well, giving a natural looking glow. It has a very nice smoothing effect on the skin and it smells like chocolate/coconut.The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush does does a good job blending it into the skin.

Everyday Minerals Matte Base
This company deserves some love. They're a cruelty free brand (on the PETA list) and they're really affordable. The downside is that you have to buy their products online (at least I've never seen them in stores), but they compensate well by offering a free 7 piece sample kit so you can be sure of your shade before you order. They also have a really nice realistic selection of shades, which is something I found BareMinerals to be lacking in. I wouldn't say the Everyday Minerals powder is quite on par with Tarte's mineral powder, but for a fraction of the price is comes pretty close. I use to Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply it. They make a dream team.

Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder
I just had a gushathon about this powder... but heck let's do it again. It is the most beautiful setting powder I've ever used. It's so smooth and fine. It feels weightless on the skin yet it does a great job keeping the shine at bay and if nothing else convinces you, well, just look at the packaging. Gah.

Pai Rosehip Oil
I actually haven't been using this oil for its intended use. I recently pierced my nose and it's been pretty irritated. I never react well to piercings. I'd heard to put Vitamin E oil on piercings to take down swelling or scaring, but seeing as I didn't have any I thought I'd try rosehip oil. It's supposed to sooth irritation and speed up the healing of scarring so I thought it would be perfect. So far it's been a huge help. My nose is looking miles better.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate
I love this lipstick. I just think it is the most unique colour. It's vibrant and fun, but still somehow more understated than your average red lipstick. I'm particularly keen on patting it into the lips to keep it looking even more subtle. The formula is awesome. It lasts an impressively long time and it isn't too drying. Plus, these lipsticks bring me just a little bit closer to the most beautiful, albeit slightly wild, light of my life, Kate Moss. Ah, she's magnificent. I'm wearing it in my Lipstick and a Tee post if you're interested.

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous lipstick shade! Great post, and your photos are always so beautiful *_*

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try the bronzing primer but they don't stock it here! Dang, because I feel like it would be super natural looking. I haven't really heard much about Everyday Minerals actually but the powder sounds really great for the price!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bourjois bronzing primer, its amazing! Smells yummy too :)

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intrigued by the Clinique Gel even if we are coming into winter in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm keen to try the Everyday Minerals, but not sure how they compare to other large mineral brands out there - I love the Rimmel lipsticks too, they are great :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of the lipstick, and have wanted it ever since you featured it in that first post! So pretty!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyday Minerals seemed almost the same as BareMinerals to me only with a better shade range and a lot more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I try pretty hard on the photo front.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know. I ordered it off Asos. Guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just like their powder bronzer. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I maintain that you would look most excellent in it.

    ReplyDelete