10.18.2014

KEEP THE BRONZE A-COMIN'

Summer is truly gone and the last of our glorious tans are fading. While I generally embrace my pale skin in the winter, every once in a while (usually when I've been watching one of Tanya Burr's Victoria's Secret Super Model tutorials) I feel the urge to bring some warmth back into my face. I think the most natural way of doing that is to layer up a variety of products. As always I've got a few suggestions for you guys to pick and choose from.

La Roche Posay Autohelios Self Tanner
Why not get a bit of a self-tanning start before delving into the makeup? This one comes out of the tube white and develops over the day. I like it foremost because it's gentle on my sensitive skin. Yeah, that sensitive skin I'm always banging on about. It doesn't leave that stinging sensation like some other self tanners tend to do. It's good for the face too as it's very moisturizing and the effect is noticeable, yet not too intense. It also doesn't have an overwhelming tanning smell.

Laura Mercier Radiance Bronze Primer
I got this mini with my Sephora Beauty Insider points and hot damn I think those were points well spent. If you want to look not only bronzed, but radiant and faaaabulous, then this is worth taking a look at. It imparts a beautiful illuminating glow without any hint of sparkle. You look truly bronzed, not just tanned. Plus you get the added bonus of it actually prolonging the wear of your makeup seeing as it's a primer. I tend to use it only over the high points of my face, so as not to overdo it, which works out pretty well considering that's where I tend to get oily.

L-R: Laura Mercier Bronze Radiance, Bourjois Bronzing Pimer, The Body Shop Honey Bronzer (in 03 Med)

Bourjois Bronzing Primer
If you're aiming to look less glowing and more matte and airbrushed, this one is probably a better option. I like the texture of this for my oily skin. It sets to a dry, velvety smooth finish and smells of chocolate (well chocolate and a touch of chemicals). I also like the versatility of this product – the fact that it can be warn under or over foundation. Under the foundation keeps it a bit more subtle and over the foundation will get you looking noticeably bronzed.  

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer
And finally, a classic, well loved, powder bronzer. This is one that I use all the time... almost every day. It's such a lovely, light, natural colour that you don't have to worry about having too heavy of a hand (and I don't even have the lightest shade). If you're really fair skinned then this bronzer, without the help of any of these other products, might be your best bet. And can I just mention that for an affordable bronzer the packaging feels very luxurious. Points there.

So who out there is going for pale skin and who wants to keep the bronze going? Be honest :3



23 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to try the Body Shop Honey Bronzer, but now I think I'm going to go for it! You have very quickly become my favourite beauty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the body shop honey bronzer! Is it shimmery?

    Sophia / sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not going to lie, I try and keep bronzed because I look so much better with a bit of colour. Nars Laguna is my go-to! x

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tried the Laura Mercier one, but I have the Bourjois primer and Body Shop bronzer which I love using x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Laura Mercier so I would love to try this, if it is anything like their other products I know I'll love this!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope. Totally matte. Very nice and natural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh yeah. I like a bit of bronze because I feel like red blemishes aren't as noticeable on darker skin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, I love their primers in general.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Recently got the honey bronzer and I am so in love with it.


    daisychurchward.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually embrace my uber paleness because I haven't quite got the hang/technique of bronzing yet but these look really nice and natural! Heard a lot about the Honey Bronzer in particular.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the laura mercier primer so much :)

    I'm running a "Naked pallet" giveaway, if you're interested, check this link:

    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sound of the two primers, I really want to try them out now!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah that one seems to be particularly loved on the Youtubes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gewwwddd gewwwddd. It works for so many skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love TBS honey bronzer but I'm such a bronzer flake! I'll go through phases of actually doing it but most days I don't care to
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've only heard good things about the Bourjois one, and one of that being a dupe for the CHANEL bronzer which is one of my favourites!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bourjous one, its amazing!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it's probably time for me to hop on the body shop boat and buy that bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Body Shop bronzer has been on my list since forever! I need it!! I never heard about the Laroche Posay one! I will have to check that out! seems very interesting! xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love The Body Shop Honey Bronze collection - the 4 shades of bronzer means there is a shade for the fairest of shades and you can still have subtle bronzing during the colder months.
    http://www.allaboutbelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved reading about this. Would love it if you could check out my latest blogger tips post! And maybe follow each other too?

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    ReplyDelete