10.22.2014

THE REAL USE FOR THERMAL WATER SPRAYS


I always looked at thermal water sprays and wondered what the point of them was. They can't possibly infuse any moisture into the skin – they're just water. And spraying an expensive can of water on my face to cool down seemed excessive. But a short while ago my lovely friend Danielle made a trip over to France and, to my surprise, decided to return with a massive loot of skincare for me (love you Dan). One of items in the loot was, you guessed it, the Avène Thermal Spring Water. And well, I was wrong.

Now I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but a select group of people are going to feel me here. I have problems with “pre-rosacea.” Yes, I also think I sound like a dink saying that, but that's what the dermatologist called it. Apparently they wouldn't call it rosacea at my age, but I get a lot of similar issues, including sudden burning sensation in my skin. My face will feel unbearably hot with no notice and dayum I want something to cool it down. If I were at home I'd just wet a cloth and keep it on my face, but when I'm out and about with makeup on that's not really an option.

That's where the Avène Thermal Spring Water comes in. I grab that out of my bag and spray like a guido would with his body spray (a lot). The water inside the can stays cold (don't know how that works) and that makes all the difference. It feels incredibly soothing on my skin. I keep spraying it every now and then until the burning sensation subsides. Also, my friend picked up one of the travel sized cans for me which is perfect because I can take it everywhere I go. That's the annoying thing with rosacea – you never know when it's going to hit. So what can I say? It is kind of lavish, but when your skin is irritated any kind of relief is much appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. Love the look of this, but I'm not sure I can pay for water, haha!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I winced a little paying £3 for this tiny can, but you're right - the cooling refreshingness is worth it! x

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. People used to say that this can is just water in a can, and I've always told them how wrong they are! This thing (and other Thermal waters) are amazing for the skin!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. Least it's cheap in France. Here it's an insane price. Too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like. It's kind of a silly one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've avoided buying any purely because I feel like I have no need for them. I would love to give it a go if I can pick it up for the French pharmacy price, though!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that's the catch haha. If only we had French pharmacy prices here. Ah, we can dream.

    ReplyDelete