10.28.2014

THE SOFTEST HAIR


I have beaten the crud out of my hair in the past few years. It's basically hanging on for dear life at this point. I've bleached, dyed, permed (I don't have an explanation for that one), relaxed and heat styled it to hell and back. I should be ashamed of myself. But hey, I like changing it up and I'm probably not about to stop anytime soon. So when I discovered this product combo that helps makes my hair feel somewhat like hair again I was pretty happy.

Bumble and Bumble Quenching Complex
Applied to damp hair, this product instantly leaves things feeling incredibly quenched and soft. It also tames some of the wild frizzies I have going on. I don't find that there are all too many products that can actually help soften my mane, so when I discover one, I'm impressed. I'm not always crazy about the smell of Bumble and Bumble products (probably not a popular opinion), but I do like the smell of this one. It's really lovely and fresh. Now I know the price is fairly significant, but I've had my little bottle for ages and it's still going strong. It only takes about a blueberry sized dollop distributed through my long hair to do the job. Keep in mind though that quenching products will only exacerbate any damage done during heat styling, so pair with a heat protectant it you plan to crack out the flat iron.

Davines Oil – Absolute Beautifying Potion
My sister gave me this oil after receiving it at a hair styling seminar. Shwing. Davines is a beautiful, sustainable salon brand and this oil in particular has me very impressed. I use one or two pumps, apply it to the ends of my damp hair (sometimes to dry hair too) and work it up. I find it helps to smooth down any frizziness that the Quenching Complex didn't quite handle, especially on my damaged ends that want to drink up anything and everything. I find that although Moroccan Oil smells absolutely amazing, and heck I would buy it again just for that, it's mostly just silicone with a little argon oil thrown in for good measure. Whereas the Davines oil actually feels rich and nourishing. Together these two products do wonders for my poor, damaged hair.

13 comments:

  1. I need both of these in my life at the moment, my hair is so dry its unreal!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even imagine your hair bleached...no, just no haha. I'll have to look into that oil though, it sounds glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've put my hair through the same hell as you and am still paying for it years later, so will definitely need to check out these products too!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hair just doesn't look great without heat styling, but I pay the price!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeahhhh I went for the ombre thing for a while, but I went too hard. It was an interesting look...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I'm tempted to chop it off so that for once I wouldn't have any damaged hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I need to take better care of my hair too~ ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A blueberry size dollop, love it. I tend to go crazy with hair serums etc, but I guess less is more with this B&B cream!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle
    table { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: windowtext; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Arial,sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl65 { border: 0.5pt solid windowtext; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl66 { text-align: center; border: 0.5pt solid windowtext; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl67 { border: 0.5pt solid windowtext; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl68 { border-width: 0.5pt medium 0.5pt 0.5pt; border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: windowtext -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl69 { border-width: 0.5pt medium; border-style: solid none; border-color: windowtext -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl70 { font-weight: 700; font-family: Arial; border-width: 0.5pt 0.5pt 0.5pt medium; border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% yellow; }.xl71 { font-weight: 700; font-family: Arial; border-width: 0.5pt medium medium 0.5pt; border-style: solid none none solid; border-color: windowtext -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color windowtext; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl72 { border-width: 0.5pt medium medium; border-style: solid none none; border-color: windowtext -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl73 { border-width: 0.5pt 0.5pt medium medium; border-style: solid solid none none; border-color: windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl74 { border-width: medium medium 0.5pt 0.5pt; border-style: none none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl75 { border-width: medium medium 0.5pt; border-style: none none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color windowtext; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5); }.xl76 { border-width: medium 0.5pt 0.5pt medium; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(252, 243, 5);

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always all ears when it comes to nourishing the mane. I haven't hear of Davines Oil, sounds interesting!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Davines doesn't seem to be a popular thing in the beauty community, but everyone that I know who has tried them loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned the blueberry thing from my sister. It makes it sound fancy. And delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will try to find it online! I have really dry hair and anything that makes them manageable and less frizzy has my attention!

    ReplyDelete