10.30.2014

LITTLE PIECES OF LUXURY


Sometimes it's nice to splash out on something that makes you feel luxurious. I don't do it a lot. I'm not someone with drawer upon drawer of high end makeup, but I do have a few pieces that make me feel kinda fancy when I crack them out. They don't always have to be super expensive (though, I'll be honest, most of mine are on the pricier side), but there's something about them that just hits the spot.

Nuxe Multipurpose Dry Oil
This is the product that my mind instantly goes to when I think of luxury. A French dry oil that smells like sweet, sweet heaven?... that'll do Pig, that'll do. The smell hits that perfect place between sweet and floral that I love. If you're overwhelmed by a lot of perfume scents, you might find this oil is just the right intensity for you. And the bottle is simple and chic. Just the way I like it.

Nuxe Reve de Miel
Another goodie from Nuxe. I love a lot of French skincare brands because they get the job done, but Nuxe does it with style and delicious smells. The smell of this one is, again, divine. It's sweet like honey (miel), but not at all sickly like some sweet scented lip products can be. The texture is so rich and creamy. It sticks around on my lips really well. I've found that when I apply it at night I can often still feel a bit of it left when I wake up. It's a bit more expensive than most lip balms, but you get a ton of product in the jar – the beautiful, beautiful frosted glass jar.

Jouer Highlighter in Champagne
Highlighter is one of those things that instantly transforms you. It gives so much life to the face. I love this one from Jouer because the texture is dreamy. It glides on really easily and smoothly – much like the Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Cream. This shade is gorgeous and suitable for a wide array of skin tones. It's quite a warm champagne colour with a hint of pink. I've got a swatch here.

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
This is the most expensive cleanser that I own, but it's far and away the nicest. This is my second tub and I almost never repurchase products. I couldn't stay away from this guy. It melts beautifully into the skin and feels silky smooth. If you ever get into doing facial massages (watch Lisa Eldridges video and I think you won't be able to resist), this would be a great product to use. Now that I've gotten used to oil based cleansers I can't imagine going back. I shudder to think how much makeup was left on my face at the end of the night when I was only using cream cleansers.

Mac Lipsticks
The great thing about Mac lipsticks is that they have every colour under the sun. It allows you the opportunity to find that lipstick that just nails it for you. One that makes you feel like, yup, that's my colour alright. At the moment for me, that's Pure Zen. I've got a shot of me wearing it here if you're interested. But everyone's got their own favourite and that's the joy of it all.

Voluspa Candles
I'm always surprised that I don't hear more about Voluspa candles. They're good value for what they are. They're slightly pricier (don't worry, nothing like Diptique candles), but they smell like they'd be a darn sight more expensive. They're a much more sophisticated scent than something like a Yankee candle. They completely fill a room with their scent when you burn them and they even smell quite strongly unburned. I've got the Orangerie D'azahar scent featured in the photo, but I could easily buy every single candle they make. Every time I go into Chapters/Indigo I have a huge sniffathon.

21 comments:

  1. You have lovely products! My favourite luxury pieces are L'occitane almond shower oil and Dior perfumed body lotion in Hypnotic Poison. :)

    My Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try something from Jouer! I've found a little salon in London that sells their stuff, so I'll be popping in for the luminising moisture tint ASAP xx

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really want to try Jouer cosmetics, I love luxury brands they look amazing :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to invest in more MAC lipsticks, they are so beautiful!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get enough of the Clinique Cleansing Balm and Nuxe Lipbalm, as for Mac lipsticks I have way too many in my collection. I may have a problem haha ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the Joeur highlighter! It sounds beautiful!

    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of these sound seriously great (ahem, Nuxe everything), but my favourite part of this post is the Babe reference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rev de Miel is something I need to pick up and have been putting off for way too long!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when people get what I'm talking about. Sometimes I worry people are going to think I'm totally off my rocker. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to build up a collection. The journey shall be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed. Their aesthetic is awesome. I just wish they were easier to get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had my eye on the matte version for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love anything almond scented. I am going to have to hunt down that L'occitane one and smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nuxe's Multipurpose Dry Oil sounds like it would be lovely! ^ v ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Nuxe oil sounds amazing, I've never heard of it before but definitely want to try it out now! The scent sounds perfect, not too florally :)

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah it's definitely not old lady floral. It's just lovely and warm and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally agree, splashing out on a more luxury product gives me the warm and fuzzies - as long as it works well! The Clinique cleansing balm sounds amaze - don't even remind me about how much makeup I had left over when I only washed once with a GEL cleanser. Those were dark times.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just ordered the Clinique cleansing balm and can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dat oil though! My face feels like kittens ;)

    ReplyDelete