11.02.2014

MORNING PICK ME UPS


I wish I were someone that awoke each morning bright eyed and bushy tailed. I'd love to be one of those people. They always seem so put together. Instead I wake up feeling like I've been left in the desert for days, deprived of water and then kicked in the head for good measure. Perhaps that's a slight exaggeration, but at any rate mornings are not a good time for me. So anything that helps me emerge from groggy state is much appreciated. I'm happy to say that I've found three brilliant products for the shower that help the revival process along.

The Body Shop Ginger Scalp Care Shampoo
For starters this shampoo gives hair a deep clean and leaves you with lots of volume at the root. It also, more importantly (if we're getting real up in here), smells flippin' amazing! It's the perfect pick me up for me first thing in the morning because it has such an awesome, tangy gingery smell. It's like giving your hair a ginger beer bath. Delicious and refreshing! Plus the gingery scent hangs around very nicely after you wash the product out so you can continue getting wafts and thinking to yourself “dang gurl, you so fresh.”

The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash
Done with the hair, now it's time to wake up the jowls. I normally go for an ultra gentle and soothing cleanser, but sometimes when I want a really fresh start I'll grab the Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash. Tea tree is one of those ingredients that makes me feel so satisfyingly clean. Between the smell and that fact that it's a disinfectant, it just gets the job done. This cleanser also contains menthol which gives your skin that awesome cooling sensation.

Br. Bronner's Magic Soap in Peppermint
I couldn't not mention this guy. I love the smell of peppermint. I will go for anything peppermint scented or flavoured– drinks, baked goods, lip balms... other things with peppermint... drawing a blank here... Anyways, what with my love of peppermint, you can imagine how much I enjoy lathering up my loofah with this body wash and having a good ol' scrub. It lathers fabulously and it has a lovely pure peppermint smell – not at all sweet.

26 comments:

  1. Holly! You absolutely read my mind. I had the exact same post idea and it included the tea tree wash as well! Waking up these days is such a hard task, seattle is raining ALWAYS ;)

    - Chaitra | PinkPot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the ginger shampoo! Ginger is such a great smell, and it must make your hair smell so fresh and lovely!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god do I ever feel you - Vancouver rain is endless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The body shop shampoo sounds amazing, they are all things I'm looking for in a shampoo.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel exactly the same as you when I wake up in the morning teehee! ^ w ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the body shop products :)

    I'm running a "Naked pallet" giveaway, if you're interested, check this link:
    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really want to try this shampoo now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to The Body Shop to buy this Tea tree cleanser but ended up with the Nutriganics Softening Cleansing Gel Oil instead. The tea tree oil one is still on my list but I am so obsessed with the Nutriganics that I haven't tried it yet!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three of these sound so peppy and refreshing! A ginger shampoo?! I am very much intrigued yet delighted.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Ginger Shampoo sounds great! I've been told to try the shampoos from The Body Shop before from a work colleague yet have never got around to it.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never used the Dr Bronner's soap as a body wash before. Do you find it stripping/drying?

    (Also, I need to get my hands on the Body Shop cleanser!)

    Tweezers and Tongs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've ever noticed it to be stripping. I just like that it gets so foamy, especially for a SLS free product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah I'd never really thought much about them before, but then I liked the sound of the ginger one so much that I went for it and I was pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wondered about that one too. I keep forgetting to check it out when I'm in The Body Shop. Gonna have to do that next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that the smell sticks around after.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's too bad The Body Shop Indonesia doesn't have that ginger shampoo yet. I really want to try that one :D

    xx

    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love my Dr Bronner for cleaning my brushes, but I've actually never tried it as a body wash. Will definitely be giving this a go :) great post x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the sound of the Dr Bronner, peppermint scents are my favourite!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use it for my brushes too. Makes them smell excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never found in the past that The Body Shop shampoos were very good, but I think the scent of this one might win me over to give it a try! x



    Megan / pixiecrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Completely obsessed with The Body Shop tea tree range, ive done a couple of posts about them before so im super glad to see someone is equally as impressed!


    styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. "I wake up feeling like I've been left in the desert for days, deprived of water and then kicked in the head for good measure" - yup, basically.

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, I'd like to try the Body Shop bronzer you recommend. Is it the solid cake one or the loose beads one? Are there different shades? Love your blog! I've taken your advice and am letting my brows express their personality... Haven't plucked in weeks and they look great. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm gonna have to try it as a body wash then! I have a little bottle of the Almond scented one which I use to clean my makeup brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the body shop cool and creamy cleanser, so good at waking you up on lazy mornings.
    zeynab x

    ReplyDelete