11.15.2014

THERE'S BEEN A BIRTHDAY


It was my birthday a week ago. While the day was odd (for completely external reasons that I'll explain to you guys at a later date), I was so happy to get to spend it with people that I love. My sisters and beloved friend (I'm looking at you Rich) all turned up unannounced in the morning, which is the best kind of way to turn up in my books, and we joined up with some other friends and spent the day together. I was lucky enough to receive some vonderfull gifts, which also included an unbelievable set of noise cancelling headphones that I am over the moon about. There won't be a shred of eardrum left when I'm done with them. But I'll stick to telling you guys about the beauty stuff!

The first gifty, the Diorskin Nude BB Cream, came from my boyfriend. It may not have been a surprise, but I can assure you that that did not make it any less exciting. I have wanted this tube for so long and I must say it has lived up to expectation thus far. T'is an excellent choice for oilier skin types. A real gentleman and a scholar... of BB creams. There will be more on this beauty soon.

Then my two lady friends (that makes me sound like a 90 year old pervert doesn't it?) bequeathed upon me a couple glorious smelling creations. Now my one friend wears Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette and every time I see her I make sure to inhale deeply, so it made sense that she gave me my own bottle in an attempt to ward me off. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of perfumes, as I've said before, but there's something about this one that's different. It doesn't have a hint of old lady stuffiness to it. The fact that it's an Eau de Toilette (less intense), rather than an Eau de Parfume, is perfect for me.

And my other friend, who knows me so well, brought back from France a special edition version of the Nuxe Multipurpose Oil that I talk about so often here. This one's got a spray nozzle too to make it extra easy to apply and you know what that means – I'm going to be greased like a piggy everyday henceforth. Thank you to everyone for showering me with such beautiful things!

19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! The gifts you received are so stunning and luxurious!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I picked up the BB cream recently as well - I think you're going to quite like it :)

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luscious gifts for a lovely girl! ^ w ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very very happy birthday (belated) Holly! Lovely thoughtful gifts for beauty blogger! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! You got some gorgeous gifts! The Dior BB cream as always been on my wishlist, I look forward to hearing more about it! The LE packaging of the Nuxe oil is so pretty!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! I love getting perfumes as presents! All of mine are gifts from my boyfriend. But I must smell and know that this perfume smells like! Next time at the mall...

    Anceeta.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Bothday - my Birthday was just over a week ago too! :)
    It looks like you got such lovely gifts, the Nuxe oil packaging is beautiful! x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Birthday! Looks like you got some really lovely gifts :) The Burberry bottle is just stunning.

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a lovely birthday! You got some lovely gifts!!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of the BB Cream, hope you had a lovely birthday!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a good day, you got some lovely presents!


    http://whatmaisiedid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a fantastic birthday (it sure helps to be receiving such lovely things ;) )

    Tweezers and Tongs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm already very pleased. And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Divya! I agree. Ma girls know me well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks birthday buddy! Hope yours was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know, makes a girl feel all fancy like.

    ReplyDelete