1.06.2015

2014 BEAUTY FAVOURITES


Man, I love seeing everybody's yearly roundup. They're the best posts to read because you're really getting a look at the cream of the crop. So naturally I wanted in on a piece of the action. I'll try to keep it brief as there are so many things to talk about. Then again, I always say I'll try to keep in brief and I rarely manage to abide. Pfft, that Holly's such a flake. Pfft talking about herself in third person. And no I probably won't be getting any less weird in 2015.

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
There weren't many skincare products in 2014 that I could say truly blew me away, but this is one of them. This silky smooth cleansing balm feels incredible on the skin and doesn't contain any irritating ingredients. It's perfect for all skin types.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume
Between the acne fighting products and the cold winter weather, my skin can get pretty flaky and gross sometimes. This balm is the best thing I've found to combat it. It's thick, soothing and, again, free of any irritants.

Nuxe Multipurpose Oil
I use this on my skin and on the ends of my hair. It's got a lovely weightless, dry consistency and, most importantly, it smells divine. I mean seriously divine. I often rub it on my neck to use at perfume.

Diorskin Nude BB Cream
There haven't been many bases that I've actually been able to wear without itching to remove immediately after application, but this is one of them. It adds an impressive amount of coverage for a BB cream, but feels quite lightweight. It sets at about a satin finish, making it a good pick for oilier skin types.

L'oreal Telescopic Mascara
I've tried a few other mascaras this year, but nothing does it for me quite like L'oreal Telescopic. The tiny, plastic wand is perfect for getting right into the root of the lashes and wiggling up and the wet formula instantly adds drama to the lashes.

Maybelline Gel Liner
This is a perfect product in my mind. The formula is the ideal consistency to control – not too stiff and not too liquid – and it doesn't ever print as you're applying it. I prefer this one to MAC and L'oreal's version.

Jouer Highlighter
The texture of this highlighter is absolutely gorgeous. It's so creamy and slippery, making it a dream to apply. The finish is perfectly glossy and light-catching without having any visible sparkles in it.

The Body Shop Bronzer
It's not always that easy to find a good matte bronzer with a natural tone to it, but that's exactly what this is. The pigmentation is about a medium level, which is great for building up without accidentally going too overboard.

Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Powder
I switched from the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to this one a few months ago and I can't imagine going back. This translucent powder is so smooth and silky. It sits beautifully and absorbs oil, while leaving a hint of luminosity to the skin.

Mac Studio Finish Concealer
If you are prone to getting blemishes, I highly recommend investing in this concealer. The high pigmentation and dry, grippy texture make it absolutely perfect for covering spots. I can't imagine being without this concealer now. It's probably my number one product of the year.

Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Afternoon Tea
While this is newer to me, I couldn't not include it in my yearly roundup. Out of the glosses I've tried this year – Revlon Colorburst, Maybelline Colour Elixirs, Revlon Moisture Stains – this is my favourite. It lasts well for a gloss and the pigmentation is really something special.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong
It's really hard for me to narrow down the best lip products of the year. They're a big weakness. But when I thought about what was a stand out to me in terms on colour, finish, pigmentation and formula I landed on Bourjois's Pink Pong. It's just so lightweight, so long lasting, so matte and the colour is so striking. So so so. Honourable mentions have to go to Mac Pure Zen and Nars Dragon Girl.

If you had to pick one product that blew you away this year what would it be?

34 comments:

  1. I love the maybeline gel liner, it is the perfect formula and has great staying power. I really want to try the Tanya Burr lipglosses, even though I'm not really a gloss kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really tempted to try the Body Shop bronzer :) I love reading these kind of posts! x

    Ana CĂ©line Labod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been meaning to try that body shop bronzer!

    Alice x

    Sheer Beautiful l Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bourjois healthy mix foundation but I really want to try the Dior BB cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Body Shop Bronzer looks gorgeous. Lovely post and picks x


    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh!!! I'm writing up my favourites and I see we are both on the same page when it comes to L'oreals Telescopic mascara! :D And Bourgois Rouge Edition velvet is a dream!! Have you tried any of the other shades? I think the other one I tried is Hot Flamingo or something like that and it's also amazing, not so impressed with Grand Cru though... :/


    xxx Gabriella from www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bodyshop bronzer, hit pan, finished it and haven’t actually replaced it yet. I have just bought the Dior BB cream :)


    www.britishbeatyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone keeps saying that about Grand Cru. That's so disappointing because that's the other colour I was most interested in. I've only tried Pink Pong so far. Glad to hear there's another lover of the telescopic out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of the Body Shop bronzer! xx

    rosyannajane.blogspot.co.uk // www.bloglovin.com/annatranter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the Clinique balm, I've been using their face products for years but have never tried this one!

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  11. L'Oreal telescopic and the Clinique TTDO balm are both favorites of mine as well! Gorgeous products!
    Allison from http://www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are quite a few items on your list that I need to try out... sometime.

    Ling | The Cosmetic Critic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely amazing picks - I applaud you for keeping it so concise! The LRP Baume sounds divine, might give it a go when the Winter months roll around! I've always heard good things about the Maybelline liner - but am always confused as to whether to buy it, or the Loreal one, etc etc. I may just have to bite the bullet and get it! I really liked Loreal Telescopic last year too - the waterproof version.

    Also please don't get any less weird - gotta love the weirdness :P

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also, I just discovered a new cleanser that I am intensely excited about. I'm going to write about it soon so I won't say anything for now, but I must admit I fell in love first use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha thank you for the weirdness encouragement! I definitely preferred the Maybelline liner. I found the L'oreal one printed on me. Though oddly I've heard people say the exact opposite before... I don't know how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! Those are two of the only products I've ever repurchased too, which is saying quite a bit because normally I like to try out new things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know how I haven't made more of a dent in mine. I use it all the time. Hope you like the BB cream! It's a dream... bad rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had the Healthy Mix Serum foundation and that was such a beautiful texture, but I couldn't deal with the smell. I was always paranoid it was going to make me break out. The Dior one is lovely though too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, it stays all day and it's the perfect wetness for lack of a better word. I'm not a massive lip gloss fan either, but the amount of pigmentation in those glosses impressed me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loreal Telescopic is the best mascara ever, i love it!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm kind of tempted to try the Dior BB cream as I've heard so many good things about it. I've never spent as much money on foundation though so I'm not quite ready to buy it yet, haha :)



    darjeelingtealeaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've heard so many incredible things about the Clinique balm, I have to try it! Great favourites x
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can you believe I'm already nearly out of my NUXE oil!? I feel like I just got it! What can I say, the stuff is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Clinique Cleansing Balm is perfect. I absolutely love it and it actually lasts a surprisingly long time as a little goes a long way! I recommend it to everyone. xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  25. I received the Honey Bronzer for Christmas and cannot wait to really try it out! I bought the Tarte Smooth Operator powder because of you and I am glad I did!! It does wonders to my oily TZone!! xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome!! So glad you liked the Tarte powder! I'm sure you'll love the bronzer too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahhh it's so sensual and delicious. My friend brought a second bottle back from France for me. Shwing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know. I've had my Cleansing Balm for an impressively long time.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know anyone who doesn't like that balm. It's just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Perfect brush, perfect formula. Aww yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh a ton of products I haven't heard of! I've been itching to try a cleansing balm and the clinique seems like a good one. I've been hunting for a good concealer for covering blemishes and it seems like the MAC studio finish and Nars are at the top of the list!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sadly, the Maybelline Gel Liner didn't work out for me because it smudges really bad on my lower lash line, but I'm glad it worked out for you! I think I will definitely look into the Clinique Cleansing Balm as I am using the Shiseido Cleansing Oil at the moment, but I'm scared what to do when I run out. Beautiful blog xx


    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVED The Body Shop bronzer last year, I used it almost all year long. So good! :)

    xo Mandy | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  34. How do you use the concealer? I have MAC's concealer palettes, which I believe have this formula, and I find it a bit too hard/solid

    ReplyDelete