1.03.2015

GO PRO HYGIENE COLLECTION


I've mentioned the Pro Hygiene Collection Brush Cleaner a few times in passing, but it seemed only fair to give it it's time in the spotlight today. As I'm sure you've heard a hundred times before, cleaning your brushes is important, particularly when you're struggling with breakouts. Bacteria builds up in them and the last thing you want to do to troubled skin is slap a load of bacteria back on your freshly cleansed face. Weekly brush shampoos are a fantastic thing to do, but I like to clean up in between as well, which is where the Pro Hygiene Collection Brush Cleaner comes in.

In case anyone isn't familiar with these types of quick drying brush cleaners, basically you just spray some on a paper towel, give your brushes a good rub and voila. Your brushes are cleansed of product and bacteria and you're not stuck waiting around for too long for them to dry. I've tried a few of these kinds of brush cleaners in the past and this is undoubtedly my favourite. I've found others to be either ineffective at removing product (Beauty So Clean) or to smell too strongly of chemicals (Cinema Secrets). This manages to do a fantastic job taking off product, while smelling pleasantly fresh and citrus-like.

I know it's not the sexiest or most exciting product, but I think it's absolutely one worth investing in. We tend to spend so much time and money on finding the right skincare that it'd be a shame to undo all of that hard work with dirty brushes.

14 comments:

  1. was just about to look for a new brush cleaner, this post came at the right time, haaa!

    Alice x
    Sheer Beautiful l Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also recommend the Sephora Brush Cleanser, it works fairly well too. I love your photographs. they're gorgeous x

    Wishing you the best in 2015 x

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes its the not very exciting products that are actually the best. And I've never invested in a brush cleaner...oops.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something like this is so worth investing in, because instead of having ten blending brushes on hand, you can spot clean in between uses and not worry about that dark colour transfer between looks!


    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a good blush cleaner, and this might be it! Thanks for the review xx


    bloussey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this, it's reminded me that I really need to pick up a brush cleaner! I'll look out for this brand when I'm shopping :)

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactamundo! Plus I just cringe thinking about the amount of bacteria that's getting in my brushes when I use cream/liquid products. It makes me want to clean them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha well there's still time if you desire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know! That was one of the other ones I was looking at and wondering about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh believe me, for me this is a sexy product. I hate seeing my white brushes dirty, so I try to keep them clean and I use this kind of cleanser a lot. Definitely going to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try a new brush cleanser, I'm currently using the Dr. Bronners liquid soap but not 100% happy with it.. thanks for sharing! x

    Ana CĂ©line Labod

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually use baby shampoo but Im always looking for something new, love the sound of this :)

    styleaked - Rayban giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's true. It does get the job done. It can be a strain on brushes to be shampooed too often though and a brush cleaner like this can disinfect in between which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's something so immensely satisfying about getting a white brush back to white.

    ReplyDelete