1.24.2015

4 NEW AND FABULOUS


I've gone done it again. Somehow I've managed to compile a nice little group of new things to talk about. So, you know, that's what I'm going to do – talk about them. Unpredictable I am not. A quick side note first: The Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual, which I have hanging out in the photo above, is such a fantastic book! It's packed full of incredibly useful information about both skincare and makeup. I highly recommend taking it out of your local library.

Stila Field of Florals Palette
I introduced this palette a couple of weeks ago and showed you guys a full array of swatches, but I didn't give any details about the product. I will today my friends. First off, I love the colour selection. You get a whole load of easy, wearable colours and then a load more beautiful, bright vibrant colours. The formula is dewy and radiant, rather than setting to a powder, which instantly brings life into the face. While you don't get a lot of product in each pan, it really doesn't bother me. I never make it through a full size compact of... anything... really, so I'm happy rather to get the chance to try out lots of different shades. I sort of lost interest in blush in 2014, but I think this palette is going to change that for 2015.

Mac Cleanse Off Oil
I gave a full review of this bad boy recently and I have only more good things to say about it. It makes the whole cleansing experience so easy. A couple of quick pumps, a bit of mashing your face around and bang, you come out clean. I swear I'm talking about cleansing. But seriously, the silky smooth texture that washes off without any residue is a dream to use.

Anastasia Brow Wiz (Med. Brown)
Well, I see why everyone goes on and on... and on and on... about this pencil. It really is the best of the best. The tiny nib gives you total control of your placement and allows you to draw in individual hairs and the waxy texture means the product is easy to build up slowly and stays in place all day. Going from the Maybelline Define a Brow pencil to this one was night and day.

Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning
I finally caved and bought this. I've been wanting to for years and I'm happy to report that I'm not disappointed. It imparts the perfect amount of colour to your skin and it's a lovely lightweight texture. Having a tanner than I can wear under my makeup during the day is a big bonus. Plus, the smell is very tolerable compared to a lot of other self tanners. And I mustn’t forget to mention that it's great for sensitive skin. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but some tanners make my face sting like a biatch. I don't get that at all from this one.

37 comments:

  1. That Stila palette is so beautiful!! I am checking it out now and might have to buy it in a couple of weeks, or days, or seconds! We will see!! xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any new Stila products for years, that palette looks gorgeous. Lovely photograph x


    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using Revlon Brow Fantasy and can't wait until that little pencil runs down, yuck. Have you tried the Hourglass one? I'm trying to decide between those two for my next brow purchase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Makeup Manual - I don't treat it as gospel but there's great stuff in thurr. Have you read Pretty Honest by Sali Hughes?

    ellabooxo | beauty, lifestyle, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am gonna order this book right now! and I really want to try the Anastasia Brow Wizz! :) One thing that is new AND fabulous in my bathroom is the Tartelette palette from Tarte you should take a look on that ;)

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of the palette, the colours are so pretty!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shades in the Stila palette are gorgeous x


    rosyannajane.blogspot.com // bloglovin.com/annatranter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh yes, the brow wiz! So happy to hear you like it too. I had been using the define-a-brow for years and while I liked it, the brow wiz completely transformed my brow game. I will say though that I have become recently addicted to the dip brow pomade as it takes me about a third of the time to do my brows then it does with a pencil AND looks more natural too! I hate to be the one to add more to your beauty list (I'm sure it's ever-growing), but it's definitely one worth trying ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful palette , and I love the brow wiz!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep seeing that brow pencil everywhere and I really want to get one! It sounds perfect.

    xo Mandy | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the Sleek pencil, which is meant to be a dupe for the hourglass one (same shape, same dry texture) and I have to say I way prefer the Anastasia one. It gives you way more control over your placement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Three out of four here for me are loves! Just never got on with the Mac oil (live the body shop one though and it's half the price!)
    Brow wiz is a never be without for me now, and I'm a previous Maybelline Define a Brow user too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No seriously. It's terrible. As soon as I got the Brow Wiz and liked it I was like "hmmmm that Dip Brow Pomade" look really good too...
    It's only a matter of time now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha it's funny how there's something for everything because I tried The Body Shop one and I preferred the MAC one! But definitely there's a price advantage to The Body Shop one. Plus it's cruelty free, which is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh but it is. I've never heard anyone say they didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's making me want to buy a bunch of makeup books. There's just something about books. I look at so many blogs that it feels good to hold an actual book in my hands once in a while. I keep hearing great things about the Tarte palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of the major things that I've learned in the past year is that nothing/no one should really be treated as a gospel. I think people do that so much with a few people in the beauty industry and it means you don't have a chance to broaden your horizons and learn as much as you could.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah I was just having this conversation today! I never really had that much interest in Stila, but with their recent re-branding and new launches I've actually been quite intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much. That's lovely of you to say. I hope you get a chance to try the Brow Wiz :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha yeah that's how it went in my head too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear ya! I think I'd like MACs more if I didn't wear waterproof mascara, because I found it made my eyes cloudy. I like the body shops cleansing balm best when it comes to removal, but the oil lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah I noticed that there's more than double the product in the oil than there is in the balm. Cheeky cheeky.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to see you've been loving the Stila palette - still lusting after it here! And how good is the Brow Wiz? Worth every penny and every little bit of hype!

    Ash / http://thebeautycollection.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mac Cleansing Oil sounds lovely! I always stupidly forget that they do skincare!

    Chloe The Redhead |
    Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Completely! I used to read so many books, and I don't know why I just stopped. But now I want to read more and as you said, the felling of holding a book is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm still scared about self tanners. Seriously. Haven't tried one on all my life. I have the panic that I'll end up orange, or patchy... or both. NIGHTMARES.


    I haven't tried the Brow Wiz yet; I don't fill my caterpillars every day, and when I do I usually do powder, so pencil is a new world of adventures for me. Might pick it up next time I'm at an airport that actually stocks ABH, because I'm very, very curious now. I have the Dip Brow Pomade, but I find it hard to work it because I have very coarse, rebel and thick hairs on my brows. Might be a matter of practice, though!


    And I'm still lusting over the Stila palette... mimimi

    ReplyDelete
  27. I swear this doesn't turn you orange! It's not orange in tone and also it's subtle enough that it doesn't look like a huge change. It's hard to go wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always forget too. I only thought to go out and get this because I was looking around online for info on good cleansing oils.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I believe it is indeed worth every last penny. It actually wasn't too expensive where I bought it either. For some reason it's way cheaper on BeautyBay than at Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've always want to Stila cheek and lip products and that palette seems like the perfect opportunity to try them out! It may also push me out of my comfort zone to try brighter colors for the spring, since I tend to just wear neutral rosy-pink colors.

    knotsandruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, is the Stila powder all cream? Looks gorgeous. Also love Clarins, Clarins everything really.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love beauty books! I want to get my hands on Kevyn Aucoin's, a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooh that Stilla palette looks adorable! I've never tried cream blush before for fear of crazy pink cheeks but I'm going to have to give it a try!
    Brianna || http://extraordinarydaysblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ive just moved from the Brow Wiz to the new Maybelline one just because £15+ is a lot for an eyebrow pencil that I have to replenish every couple of months! Also I find I start running out then you have to wait for another to be delivered rather than being able to potter into town and grab a high street one.

    Charlotte - styleaked

    ReplyDelete