1.14.2015

FRESH FACED FOR 2015


A fresh year calls for a fresh face. I wanted to do something for you guys that really made me think bright, radiant and healthy. Maybe even a little bit spring too? One can dream. So I've kept everything quite pale and natural, skipping the bronzer for a change and instead opting for a few pops of colour.




Base
For my skin I focused on exactly matching my skin tone and evening things out with my foundation, then touching up any blemishes with my trusty MAC Studio Finish Concealer. To bring the luminosity back to the look I took a light reflective concealer under my eyes and a pale cream highlighter over the tops of my cheekbones, nose, chin, forehead and cupid's bow.

Freckles
To keep things looking fresh and (ironically) natural I threw in a few fake freckles over my nose and cheekbones. There's just something about freckles that lend a carefree element.

Cheeks
The cheeks were a major focal point for this look so I picked the colour carefully. I went for Jouer's Cream Blush in Peony. It's quite light and neon looking in the pan, which delivers a very awake look on the skin. Bright blush applied with a light hand is just the fastest way to perk up one's complexion.

Eyes
Not much to say here. I gave my eyelashes a good curl and applied mascara only to the top lashes to keep everything looking lifted. Then I added a smidge of a pale white/cream colored eyeshadow to the inner corners of the eyes to keep them looking really bright.

Brows
The brows were not really intended to be a focal point in this look, though I sometimes find it challenging to avoid it with my caterpillars. I filled in only the most sparse areas and gave my brows some texture with a clear brow gel.

Lips
I wanted the lips to look fresh and almost berry stained. So to start I prepped my lips with a balm and then took the tiniest amount of light reflective concealer over my lips in order to blur out the edges and give myself a more neutral canvas. I then look Stila's Convertible Color in Fuschia and patted it directly in the center of my lips, blending it out.

Product list
Diorskin Nude BB Cream (Fair), L'oreal True Match Foundation (W2), MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC20), MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter (Light Boost), Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow (Iced Gold), Milani Brow Tint Pen, Jouer Peony Cream Blush, L'oreal Telescopic Mascara, Mac Mylar (I think, not sure), Anastasia Brow Wiz (Medium Brown), Elf Wet Gloss Mascara, Stila Convertible Color Fuschia

40 comments:

  1. Ahhh love this make up look, so perfect for spring coming up! You look gorgeous!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish cool pinks looked good on me - more often than not they make my skin look kinda Simpson-y. Never mind. (side note:FIRST COMMENT!!!1! slay queen slay yass gurl)

    ellabooxo | beauty, lifestyle, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pop of pink, looks amazing on you!
    Alice x

    Sheer Beautiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, your skin looks so good! I really love how simple and fresh this is, and plus the pop of pink are perfect for spring!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the really fresh look! Your makeup looks beautiful!

    http://charlottesophiaroberts.blogspot.co.uk

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12704247

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this makeup look, so fresh and beautiful

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the minimal look!

    http://oliviaandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks stunning, I must start wearing my Dior BB Cream again :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blush looks so similar to NARS desire, i ve been wanting to get my hands on that for a long time now. But now's it, m getting it. Love this look - oh! so springy! :)

    Btw, do you use a brush with the MAC studio finish concealer? How's the coverage?

    - Chaitra | PinkPot

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is such a fresh and natural look, your skin looks flawless and I love the slight pop of colour on the cheeks x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look! So fresh! You look gorgeous :)

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this makeup look! You are gorgeous!

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this look! so great for everyday and I'd rather look fresh faced than like all cakey! ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree with freckles, they definitely add a carefree element.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you stunner! The brows are looking gorgeous and love the blush! xxx
    Scandinavian Beauty Blog, www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! This is such a pretty look! I love how the cheeks and lips really tie together to give a fresh, youthful look :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That blush is amazing! Love this look! x
    Madeleine, The Daily Mark

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh baby, I am loving your face! I think I may have to adopt your fake (natural) freckled look...I only have a scatter of beauty marks along my jawline and down my neck but have always wanted freckles! I also love bright blushes and that sort of ombre look on the lips which adds such a healthy, juicy pop of colour. A+ all around, you da bomb. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was a seriously adorable little kid with tons of freckles and they all disappeared when I turned 10 or so. I'll have to try faking them!

    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a gorgeous look on you, and I love the idea of adding a few fake freckles! I'm going to try my hand at doing this too :)

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is my ideal everyday look! I love how your base looks, so evened out but natural and glowy! Now I just need to work on my highlighting skills...

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cream highlighter man. It's the shiz. It just always looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so in love with freckles. I've always wanted them and I'm never gonna get them so hot damn I'll fake it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Robbed of the freckles. That's terrible news. Faking it's fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks man! Yeah, both my sisters have freckles and somehow I missed the boat. That Jouer blush though.... ho mama it's a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you. Yes! Fresh and youthful is definitely what I was going for so I appreciate the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely look, that blusher is amazing! x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aboslutely love this look! It's just healthy and bright. I specially love the lips!


    And I'm also so jealous about people with freckles!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is beautiful love :) I love how healthy you look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is such a gorgeous look! so fresh and healthy looking <3 xx


    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely look, your skin looks so luminous and gorgeous x

    rosyannajane.blogspot.com // bloglovin.com/annatranter

    ReplyDelete
  32. So simple and fresh, love it.

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this look! And I really love the idea of adding some freckles - I always tend to equate a more natural look to someone that kind of has their freckles peeking through the makeup.


    Morgan // www.blushingwit.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a gorgeous look and I love just how natural yet beautiful it is. I naturally have freckles and I wish I could get rid of them :-(

    Amanda / Amanda's Escape

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow it is such a flattering look!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Noooo. They're so beautiful. You're so lucky. Why is the grass always greener on the other side?!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That blush is seriously perfect. The freckles look super cute and amazingly natural. Great post Holly, I will definitely try to recreate this look.


    Kelly | secondhand spring

    ReplyDelete
  38. This make up look looks so gorgeous! I am huge fan of 'no makeup' make up, embrace your natural face!

    infinity of fashion// Lucy Jane

    ReplyDelete