1.10.2015

MAC CLEANSE OFF OIL


The MAC Cleanse Off Oil certainly isn't anything new to the beauty world. In fact I think it's so... not new... that it may have been forgotten. Well ladies and gents, I'm here to bring it back! A little while ago I went on the prowl for a new oil based cleanser. My Clinique Cleansing Balm is on its last legs and I decided to mix it up for a change, maybe get a little saucy. I settled on the Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil Gel, thinking it sounded like a good choice and potentially quite similar to the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel that everyone raves about. It wasn't. It was terrible. Don't go there is all I can say. I returned it and decided to put my trust in a classic – the aforementioned MAC Cleanse Off Oil.

This is still a new product to me, but I knew it was love from the first pump. Wow, that was absolutely filthy. But true nonetheless. First of all, points for the packaging. The packaging is convenient, simple and sleek and the pump is well designed (it doesn't send product firing out at top speed like The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil). But the packing really isn't a priority. The product inside is what matters and man is it good.

I noticed right away how similar the MAC Cleanser felt to the Clinique Cleansing Balm once melted into the skin. They both have that luxurious, silky, lightweight texture, which is something that I found to be lacking from The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil (that felt a bit more heavy and greasy to me). I was also quite irritated by the overpowering fragrance in The Body Shop Cleanser. MAC's version, however, has no added fragrance and only a very faint, almost undetectable scent that comes only from the natural ingredients.

In terms of efficacy, it's a 10/10 for me. It completely dissolves all makeup and rinses off without leaving any residue behind. It also doesn't dry my skin. In fact my skin feels plump, silky and smooth after using it. Finally, I think the price is pretty darn tootin' reasonable too. Sure, it's not drugstore prices, but it performs well above what I'd expect from a drugstore product. At $31 for 5fl oz, it's an even better deal than my beloved Clinique Cleansing Balm ($35/3.8fl oz). This isn't to say I'll never buy the Clinique Cleansing Balm again. I'm sure it'll make its way back to me one day, but for now I'm feeling pretty pleased with what MAC is bringing.

26 comments:

  1. MAC is a brand a never really look as at selling skincare too, but this sounds wonderful. I have been looking at finding another cleansing balm/oil into my skincare routine as they do wonders for my skin. The Clinique one is currently winning but I will definitely try this too x


    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! Definitely one for the shopping list x

    Lizzie Rose Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a good product! Great post xx

    rosyannajane.blogspot.co.uk // www.bloglovin.com/annatranter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always forget about MAC's skincare, think I need to take a look at this instead of another lipstick when I'm next in store!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried a MAC skincare product, although now I'm intrigued! I don't know if I could ever give up my Aesop cleanser, but it could be good to switch it up!

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, you know I love it when you're filthy ;)

    I've personally never purchased a cleansing balm, I just use coconut oil. $10 for an entire tub, all natural, smells amazing...what else is there to say? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleansing oils are the bomb, I'm using an Asian brand one at the moment and I find them so dang easy for removing every scrap of makeup without being harsh or dying. The MAC one sounds pretty dang good, and the price ain't that bad!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I'm so curious to try some Asian skincare lines. I always hear that there are great products out there, I just don't really know much about them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wondered about this. How do you wash it off properly after though? Cleansing balms/oils are designed to rinse off with water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man I wish we had access to Aesop here. I've never heard anything bad about that brand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should give it a grope! It feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What works for some doesn't work for others. I like it because it's really light and silky feeling, but I can imagine some might prefer something more thick and balmy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I know. I love that cleansing balm. Sometimes you just don't want to branch out when you're already found a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha yeah everyone loves the Clinique one. For a darn good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds lovely! I've been wanting to try a cleansing oil for aaages now, might have to give this one a go :)











    Cloudy Coconut

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried this out, but a purchase definitely sounds like it needs to be on the cards!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a win! For some reason, I've always be afraid of trying MAC's face products (foundations included) because I've heard they break some people out. But the luxurious feel of this sounds nice, greasy makeup removers are a no-no.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a complete oil based cleanser convert after using the body shop camomile one for ages. I'd love to try out others though so this is definitely on the cards!


    pippibee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oil cleansing has saved my skin. Such a simple routine, but the benefits are worth a thousand words. I'm a sucker for any oil cleansing products, and this one has been added to my shopping list for sure!


    Jo | adoseofjo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally have the same fear with MAC. I always hear about their foundations breaking people out and I saw someone have a reaction to their face wipes once in makeup school. But the ingredients on the cleansing oil looked pretty inoffensive and there was no added fragrance. So far so good and my skin is pretty sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't like the smell of The Body Shop Cleanser. My stupid nose! I'm missing out on a good cleanser because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always hear praises about this! I'll definitely take it into account as soon as I run out of my Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel. I'm happy with it but want to try an oil or a balm next time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Aesop (read the comment below) and though I am quite a fan of The Body Shop Camomille Cleansing Oil ( apart from the speed that the product comes out and the slightly overpowering scent) you've convinced me to give MAC's a go ! I've been using Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel for about 6 months now and i must say nothing has quite measured up to it but I'm still looking around! Nothing seems to beat that thick and rich gel that turns into silky oil and gets rid of every little bit of makeup.... I do love Aesops parsley seed cleansing oil but it stings my eyes quite a bit ( and I'm not normally sensitive to this!!?) but it does what it says on the bottle.


    www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I normally just remove the coconut oil with a face cloth with a little bit off warm water on it. But because of one or two complaints from the man-friend (who didn't like the oil getting on the pillows) I only use coconut oil as a sort of face mask instead :)


    www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I massage it onto my fully made up face and then hot cloth it off before I wash my face with my normal cleanser. Easy peasy! If I have a little eye makeup left on I'll just clean up that area with a q-tip afterwards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Huh crazy. I always thought it wouldn't come off properly, but I guess between the cloth and the second cleanse it works! I will definitely be trying this now.

    ReplyDelete