2.05.2015

FASHION FACES: 3.0


Fashion Faces is finally back! It's been a good five months since the last one. Granted this news might not be quite as exciting to everyone else, but for me getting to let loose the creativity is the best part of makeup. I've brought my lovely sister back for this third round and, I have to say, every time I photograph her I think “good God,  you could legitimately be a model.” I'm pretty lucky to have her face hanging around. So I'll do a quick run through of what we've gone for today.

Brows
I knew right off the bat that I wanted this look to be about the brows. Kate naturally has blonde brows, so to darken them I took a dark brown gel liner on a spoolie and carefully brushed it through her brows. A tinted brow gel would have been more ideal, however I didn't have one on hand. Sometimes you just have to make do with what you have.

Eyes
I decided to pair a graphic eye with the brows. Using various shades from The Balm Meet Matte Nude Palette and the Sleek Storm Palette on a Real Techniques Accent Brush, I slowly and carefully created this winged effect. I found that cleaning up the edges with a bit of concealer afterwards really tidied up the look. To top off the eye we used only a light layer of mascara. I wanted the look to be fairly androgynous and too much mascara would take it to feminine place.

Skin
I evened out Kate's skin tone with a bit of Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation and brightened under her eyes with a combination of the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and the MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter. I also did a bit of pinpoint concealing with the MAC Studio Finish Concealer. Then I sculpted out her cheekbones with the Sleek Contour Kit.

Lips
I'm definitely someone that tends to abide by the “pick one feature and play it up” rule. Since I put so much emphasis on the eye area, I wanted to keep the lips looking very neutral. I dabbed on some Revlon Nude Attitude and patted it into the lips with my fingers for a softer effect.

15 comments:

  1. hi! can you post the link of the other two fashion faces? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted fashion faces is back. Really loved your last two looks and this one is just as impressive. Great work and yes I agree your sister could definitely be a model! x

    Beauty with charm | REALASH Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah so cool - I love it when you do these posts. Your sister doesn't need a dictionary cos those cheekbones are DEFINED... (Totally nicked that joke from one of the SNL Bedelia sketches, which I think you'd rate!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! You're really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Victoria. Not going to lie... helps to have her face to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That. Was. Amazing.
    Ps. I also love these skits that they do. They're so weird.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyJ9IeKLQgQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I'll relay that message to her too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is all of them. I'll add it to the post too! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha by the beard of Zeus they are so bizarre. Kristen Wiig though. She's the Meryl Streep of comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT A MODEL. But wow girl - those makeup skills! I absolutely adore this look, the eyes and brows are absolutely stunning.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha true! Doesn't hurt having a gorgeous sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sister could most definitely be a model! I love using my cousin as a model for all of my fashion posts because she is much taller than me, so I feel you, haha :) You makeup skills are indescribable, and I think you would make a stellar makeup artist for editorials.


    Emily | ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this series!!! I've been thinking about doing something like this, just letting my creativity flow, be it editorial or fantasy makeup. I just have to gather the guts to do it, haha.


    You sister is gorgeous... and she looks a lot like you. JUST SAYING. :P

    ReplyDelete