2.24.2015

FOREVER REPURCHASING WITH LIFE, SET SAIL


As your average, run-of-the-mill beauty junkie, it probably comes as no surprise to you that there are quite a few beauty bits on bobs that hold a fond place in my heart. So when Brittany and I decided to team up for a post and she suggested the subject matter of “forever repurchasing” products I thought to myself “oh yes, oh yes yes yes.” I love to love on quality products and, dang it, I love to love on Brittany! I had a good, long think about what I see myself not just enjoying, but realistically repurchasing again and again and I finally settled on seven items.

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
This one cleanser completely changed the way I think about cleansing. It quickly and effectively breaks down all your makeup, doesn't dry out your skin in the slightest and leaves no residue when washed off. As in... it even leaves no residue without the use of a washcloth, which is a godsend for those with sensitive skin. Another bonus for sensitive skin types is that this balm is completely fragrance free and boasts a short ingredient list, making it extremely unlikely to cause any irritation. Finally, while I'm also quite keen on the MAC Cleanse Off Oil, I have to say that I find the Clinique option to be easier to work with. Balms are nicely contained, whereas oils tend to run all down your hands and you wind up wasting half of your product.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5
This thick, scentless balm is what I turn to when my skin is freaking out from the cold weather and the use of drying acne products. It rapidly restores moisture and calms down irritation with a blend of various ingredients, including zinc and B5. While there are other products suited for severely chapped skin that I'm sure also perfume adequately, the advantage of this one is that it's both incredibly affordable (on Escentual) and contains antibacterial properties.

Nexcare Acne Absorbing Covers
These bandages didn't make it into the photo only because they're so awkward to photograph. Rest assured, it's not because they're any less loved than anything else. If you struggle with breakouts, just try these bandages. I can't even... you just have to... just do it. They're essentially little absorbent patches that you place over your blemish and overnight all the crud inside your pores gets sucked into the patch. When you remove it in the morning you're left with a flat, un-inflamed skin. It's actually incredible. You can read more about them in a post I wrote here if you're interested.

Anastasia Brow Wiz
I've raved about this pencil a lot recently, so I'll try to keep it short and sweet. Basically this pencil is perfection. It has a dry, waxy texture that's easy to control and lasts all day. It also has a tiny tip that allows you to draw in individual brow hairs if you desire. The shade range is very realistic and, of course, you get a spoolie on the end of the pencil. It literally does everything that I would want a brow pencil to do.

L'oreal Telescopic Mascara
This is the mascara that I always come back to. Sure, sometimes I reach for a mascara that provides a more voluminous, or a more fluttery effect to the lashes, but generally I like my mascaras to be lengthening and separating. This is that ultimate mascara for that purpose. It instantly boosts the length of my lashes and I find that the short, plastic bristles are very effective in preventing clumpiness. I've also notice that in general L'oreal mascaras tend to smudge less than Maybelline mascaras.

Mac Studio Finish Concealer
I've said this before and I'll say it again, if I could only have one makeup item it would be this. As someone that struggles with breakouts I cannot imagine being without this concealer. It's highly pigmented and hits that perfect level of dryness in a cream concealer that allows you to build up coverage nicely and to have it last throughout the day. If you're interested, you can see how I apply it in my Everyday Healthy Makeup Video

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
Chances are I will never have to repurchase this product, seeing as there are so few occasions in my life that call for a red lip. However, if miraculously I ever did get through this whole pencil I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Everything about the pencil adds up to be my ideal red. It's matte as matte can be, it has the convenience of a jumbo pencil format, and the colour... oh the colour. It's red, but with a subtle hint of magenta that adds a wow factor. You can see a swatch of it in my Best Of The Bold Mattes post.

Now head on over to Life, Set Sail to check out Brittany's picks! She's a woman with impeccable taste my friends. I'm so happy to have been able to work with her on this project. Seriously, if I got into how much I love this girl it could get weird.

20 comments:

  1. I truly love the Clinique Cleansing balm (because of you lol)! And the Mac Studio Finish Concealer is on my wish list for my trip to Moncton, N.-B. next month!

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products! You're seriously tempting me to get the Clinique Cleansing balm. And dang, if I ever run out of my concealer, I'm getting the studio finish!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragon Girl really seems like such a striking red! I just really want to try the matte lip pencils in general, they sound phenomenal. Also need to get my hands on the Clinique balm at some point! Cleansing balms and oils have definitely become my cleanser of choice.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brow Wiz my all time favourite brow product

    http://alittlelesscomplicated.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of the la roche posay balm, it sounds perfect for winter.

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many good things about the Clinque cleansing balm :) I like that it breaks make up down quickly x


    lissyhayes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Brow Wiz too! Everyone seems to love the Clinque Cleansing Balm but I still haven't gotten my hands on it. Great picks :)
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  8. really want to try Brow Wiz I've heard so much about it! really need to give in to the hype.. x

    http://oliviaandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can be a bit stingy with my money, but I have to say, I do not regret spending money on the brow wiz for a second. It's just that much better than other brow pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is indeed excellent. Your blog is beautiful by the way. Followed you on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That balm seems to be just as universally loved as the brow wiz. It's such an ol' reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so helpful. I get such gross dry patches. I just slather this on the patch and it really helps to tone down any flakiness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's something about the feeling of those lip pencils when applied. They're so dry and velvety. I love the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The one concealer I still want to try in place of the Studio Finish is LM Secret Camouflage, but I love the Studio Finish one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Awesome. It's such a relief to me when people actually like the things that I recommend. I always worry that I'm going to give bad advice. So happy you like it though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't tell you how many times I've repurchased Clinique, the balm is always my fail safe. Need to try Brow Wiz soon as well!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried to steer away from Brow Wiz because of the price but I used it again the other day and completely fell back in love. It's a perfect combo with Maybelline Brow Drama plus you don't need to use as much! Definitely a repurchase happening soon...

    Charlotte - styleaked

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang it, even though I already have gigantic eyebrows I really want to try the Brow Drama... totally not right for me, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fail safe all the way. Cannot go wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete