2.22.2015

FASHION FACES: LOOK AT THOSE BABY BLUES


Sometimes I like to test my confidence levels by surrounding myself with ridiculously good looking people. Just joshing, but in all seriousness, meet Emma, a girl with a face hand painted by Aphrodite herself. Emma has been a rather vocal supporter of my blog from the get go. I.e. she jams it down anyone's throat that will listen. Thanks gurl. You've got my back. Both she and I have been keen to have her do a post with me for ages and this reading break we finally got around to it. Emma has some seriously blue eyes, something that I'm far off from having myself, so I wanted to seize my opportunity and play them up with contrasting colours.



Skin
As I didn't have anything particularly suitable in my kit, Emma brought along her own foundation. She uses MAC's Stuidio Fix Fluid in the shade NW13, a shade that I didn't even know existed until she informed me. She's going to love me saying that. We went in with just a touch of concealer under the eyes (the rest of her face is borderline disgustingly perfect and doesn't need anything more). For that we used a mix of the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Fair) and some shades from my Kryolan Dermacolour Camouflage Palette. Then, it was time for a bit of contouring with the Sleek Contour Kit and some blush with the Stila Convertible Colour in Petunia. We also popped a little of Emma's Nars Copacabana Highlighter on the tops of her cheekbones. That highlighter is stunning if you're wondering.

Lips
Because Emma has a beautiful lip shade to begin with, I kept the lips very simple, adding only a light wash of clear gloss.

Brows
I was a bit hesitant to have the brows competing with the eyes so I just lightly filled them in with my NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder (Ash/Taupe) and strengthened some areas with my Anastasia Brow Wiz (medium brown). If I'm honest, I think I'd bulk up the brows next time for this look.

Eyes
The eyes are where the magic happened – where Emma's baby blues came to life. I chose a variety of contrasting eyeshadow shades to ensure her eyes would really pop (warm browns, coppers, bronzes, burgundy, etc. work beautifully on blue eyes). I started out with a base of Rimmel's Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronze, taking it all over the lid and under the eye and blending out the edges. I then took a little of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rust and smudged some around the lash line. I used a Matt Hung, a deep brown, from theBalm Meet Matte Nude Palette to define the crease. Then I took some Zoeva Graphic Eyes Eyeliner in Glance, a cool toned bronze shade, in the waterline and on the top lash line to add that extra drama. Finally Emma coated her top and bottom lashes with mascara and BAM, her eyes were done.


19 comments:

  1. So so pretty. I love a brown smokey eye, super sexy! :)



    - Chaitra | PinkPot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! She's gorgeous!

    http://atouchofpink1.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It creases if you try to use it over your entire lid, but for the lash line and what not it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to try the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow sticks. That shade looks amazing on Emma! I may have to pick up that shade soon.
    Amy | Dervish Darling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! I don't think I have any similar rusty bronze shades in my collection, though this is definitely a smoky eye I'd be on board with trying!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great look. Your amazing at makeup!!

    withinjayslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those eyeshadow shades make the blue eyes completely pop, so gorgeous x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow she looks amazing, the eyes are incredible! x

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a beaut! Don't have to do much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's making me wish I had blue eyes so badly. There's so much you can do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always want to do stuff like this, but I literally never have anywhere to go that this would be appropriate. So it's awesome getting to do it on other people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's pretty impressive for $5. It applies really pigmented and creamy and sets in place for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you and she is indeed a gorgeous gal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The eyeshadow looks amazing, Emma is stunning!

    Morgan // www.blushingwit.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, dem eyes. I can't get over those eyes. And you made the perfect choice of eyeshadow for them. I don't now if I'm more in love with the eyes, the smokey eye or both together, but I'm just obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Her eyes are insane. They are so blue. I always get envious of blue eyes because I feel like you can do so much with them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally, you can make blue eyes pop A LOT. My personal weakness are green though, specially if they lend yellow. I find them just fascinating. And here I am, with my brown eyes. MEH.

    ReplyDelete