2.20.2015

THE NEW GENERATION OF EYELINER PENS


I've never really been able to get on board with pen liners. I love the idea, but the reality is that I find them awkward to use. Even the more flexible felt tip pens don't seem to be quite flexible enough, causing a bit of dragging when applied. My twitchy eyes don't do well with it. So for the most part I avoid reaching for the pen option and instead grab for my trusty gel pot and fine liner brush combo.

A few weeks ago I was watching Tamira's 5 Drugstore Favourites video and she mentioned that she found the Physician's Formula Lash Boosting Eyeliner and Serum to be reminiscent of the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner.  At half the price of the Tattoo Liner I thought it was worth a shot. As Tamira noted, it doesn't have the same colour pay off (you will need a second coat), however what it does have is the same fantastic tip. Rather than the classic felt tip that comes with most pen liners, the Physician's Formula option contains actual hairs that come to an incredibly fine and precise tip.


The benefits of this design are two fold. One, you have more control over making your line as thin as you want, as well as making the tip of the flick as fine as you want. Two, you don't get any awkward dragging over your lash line like you do from a felt tip. There were no twitchy eye moments for me here. Additional points for the fact that is sets like a rock and contains a lash boosting serum. So if you're looking for an affordable drugstore option of this new generation of pen liners I'd say that it's definitely worth taking a look at Physician's Formula. If you can't stand having to go over your liner a couple of times and you've got some cash to spend, it's probably best to head straight to a Kat Von D stand.

22 comments:

  1. This is my favorite type of liner! I can't really use felt tips well, but the bristle tips are so perfect for fine to thick lines.


    Miriam || happiness comes from

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to wear only pencil eyeliners, then I tried the gel ones and abandoned the pencils for good. I used to think liquid eyeliners were messy and they always transfered to my lid and messed the eye shadow. But then I heard about the Physician's Formula one, I tried it and it has become my all time favorite. I still use gel for everyday though, but when I want a fool proof quick eyeliner, this one is my savior, the tip is so fine and works great for the winged look, I love it! As to the Kat Von D one, I have heard it is very good and would love to try it, but there isn't a Sephora near me so I will have to wait a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only just got the hang of pen liners, but now I'm addicted. They make gel seem so messy!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you can't get Kat Von D OR Physician's Formula where I live. (GET ON IT LONDON)

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about the PF liner, I need to get on that. I'm a bit tired of my Maybelline one which seems to be running out of juice.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  6. The problem I have with eyeliner pens is that, in my experience, they dry up/run out SO fast. Whereas, say, with the MAC Fluidliner, it'll last forever. But, saying that, I would like to try out these ones (the Physicians Formula specifically). It's that beauty blogger curse, gotta try anything and everything :p


    Thanks for the review!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to try the Physician's Formula one as I can't get on with felt tip liners at all. I love regular liquid liners but I'd really like to see how I get on with this type of pen. Unfortunately I won't be able to get my hands on it though.. :/

    darjeelingtealeaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcelle does one like this too! It's duel ended, with the hair like bristles on one end and a fatter felt tip on the other, love it ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot be without the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner since I tried it middle of last year. I'm always curious to try out other similar options like the Stila offering but it's the combination of great pigmentation and the brush tip that wins it for me. xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as I saw your name I knew that was going to be your comment! I'm pleased, but sorry about this post... it's a bit of a face-rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I like the sounds of that. I wonder how pigmented it is in comparison. Though is it just me, or does Marcelle sometimes seem really expensive for a drugstore brand?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The brush is the most important thing to me. I'm pretty picky because my eyes seem to think they're under attack all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found the MAC Fluidline to dry up so quickly! But I know a lot of people swear by that liner. I completely agree about the pens. They seem to be made for convenience, rather than longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm I thought the pigment was pretty great! I got it for like $4 on a deal though I think it's normally around $10. Marcelle is definitely a little more expensive than normal drugstore, but only for certain things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally agree. Gel liners are still my number one. They're just the easiest for me to work with, but the pens are awesome for a quick, on the go type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Danngg. Okay I'm definitely going to have to look into that now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They always have deals on their website for anything that could possibly be considered a holiday haha. I think I got my stuff on "women's day" or something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's why I mainly follow British blogs. But you made the (extremely difficult to pass because I have standards don't you know) cut.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been very curious about Kat Von D Tattoo liner because of the brush, but didn't want to commit to ordering from the US and paying that price for it, given that I have hooded/droopy eyelids and I don't even know if it will work well for me! So I'll definitely take a look at this one instead. :)

    ReplyDelete