6.28.2015

5 PRODUCTS FOR DARN TOOTIN' DEWY SKIN


Every time the weather gets toasty I decide I need to become Gisele Bundchen. I have yet to figure out how to sprout three extra feet of leg and grow an additional five cup sizes... I'll get there eventually... but the makeup thing I've started to work out. I find that focusing largely on cream products helps to bring that glow factor to the skin.

The first thing that makes a big difference is finding the right base. I haven't been able to stray from the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer since first use. It provides the ultimate dewy, but natural skin-like finish. As I mentioned in the full review, it's sheer enough that you could even get away with going a shade darker, provided you blend it down your neck.

Then, using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, I'll buff in some of the Bourjois Bronzing Primer to the high points of my face. While the cream/mousse formula is quite dry and silky it doesn't add any powdery look to the skin like a conventional bronzer can. To ramp up the dew-factor, I've been looking to my Stila Convertible Cream Blush in Camellia. It has a true, dewy cream finish and the shade is perfect for enhancing your tan. It's quite brown, but just pink enough to add a little something to your cheeks.

L-R: Nars TM,  Bourjois Bronzing Primer, Stila Camellia, Milani Champagne Toaste, TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

Highlighting. We all know that this is where to the magic happens. I've been coming back to my Milani Shadow Eyez Pencil in Champagne Toast lately. It's got a peachy pink tone that adds a beautiful inner corner and brow highlight. I've also discovered that it works wonderfully as a highlight for the cupid's bow, as it has such excellent longevity. Finally it's got to be TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer. I know I said I usually go for cream textures, but this powder is so creamy and pigmented that it beats out most cream highlighters. It gives such an incredible glow.

I hope I'm not being too repetitive with my posts these days, but this is the makeup that I seem to be drawn to lately. Please let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see a post on.


No comments:

Post a Comment