6.01.2015

FEEL GOOD MAKEUP

stila field of florals, nars yu, diorskin nude bb cream

Given the amount of time I've spent in the past few months feeling less than fantastic (it's easier to say this now that I'm feeling significantly better), I thought it might be nice to do a post dedicated to “feel good makeup.” Makeup has the power to give me a little pick me up. Not only do I enjoy the process of application, which I find soothing, but I also enjoy the effect it can have on my appearance. I'm not looking to completely alter who I am, but I appreciate having something to even out my skin, brighten my cheeks and widen my eyes. You get the picture. It's a subtle way to add a little oomf.

Skin
My go to makeup on these days tends to start with a natural, even base. The Diorskin Nude BB Cream is such a good option for my oily skin type because it leaves a perfect skin like texture that's neither too dewy or too matte. It feels lightweight and sits at a decent medium coverage. As I'm sure you've heard me say by now, I love cream concealer. My acne scaring often gets me down, but the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage nips that issue in the bud.

From there I like to warm up my skin. Having a bit of a tan always boosts my confidence. I like the Bourjois Bronzing Primer because it's smooth and blendible. I'll top that off with a bright coloured cream blush. The Stila Convertible Colours are absolutely beautiful, leaving a dewy finish to the cheeks. I've been especially enamored with the shade Tulip. Finally for the skin, you best bet I'll be reaching for a highlighter. Nothing livens up the face quite like a highlighter and the Jouer Highlighter in Champagne is a firm favourite.

Eyes
If I want to feel great, I will always opt for a cat eye. I think the added bit of length looks fresh and suits my eye shape. The Physician's Formula Lash Boosting Eyeliner and Serum has an ultra fine tip that gives me a lot of precision. I'll be sure to reach for my favourite L'oreal Telescopic Mascara next and, finally, add a some highlight to the tear duct. MAC Nylon makes a great inner corner highlight.

Lips
Depending on the day I'll go for one of two lip options – a sheer, peachy lip, or a kickass, bold pink. I never tire of Revlon's Colourburst Lip Gloss in Bellini. Nars Yu would be my pink pick. It's creamy to apply and leaves a stain to the lips as it wears off. Plus, Nars always makes me feel all hip and with it when I use it. I may be getting old.



No comments:

Post a Comment