5.30.2015

MAY FAVOURITES


I had so many favourites this month that I had to boot a bunch of goods from the list. I was lucky enough to try out a load of new stuff what with the hauls from Europe, the English beauty swap with Ella and a few other naughty purchases. It's been an exciting time for me and my vanity. And yes I mean vanity in both respects. So you know the drill by now, I'm going to drone on for a bit about why I loved zee goods.

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska
I'll admit that I've only had this for a few days, but it's been instant love for me! I purchased the Nars Tinted Moisturizer from Morgan's fabulous blog sale for $15, which is pretty great considering it was only used once. I don't use any moisturizer under this product because I have oily skin and it is truly a tinted moisturizer. The finish is perfect. It leaves my skin looking ever so slightly dewy and totally natural. The coverage is very light (significantly lighter than my Dior Nudeskin BB Cream), which is nice because that means it's sheer enough to be used a shade darker without looking cakey. It applies beautifully with fingers or a brush.

Kiko Radiant Touche Creamy Stick Highlighter in Rose
This might not be everyone's cup of tea because it doesn't bring the drama like some highlighters do. I like that for daytime though. It's a subtle highlight, with no visible sparkle and an easily blendible, creamy texture. If you like a pink highlight then this is a good choice too because the pink pigment actually really shows up. It leaves a healthy flushed look to the skin.

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown
Like so many people I have had a love/hate relationship with this product. When I first got it I thought “it's good but I'll probably stick to my Brow Wiz most days.” Since then I've been doing some playing around and dayum, my mind has been changed. I find you have to have the exact right brush to make this product work (for me that's an extremely thin, short haired, stiff angled brush). The amount of detail I can get with this pomade is crazy. I have a big patch of hair missing on one eyebrow and I can convincingly paint in brow hairs. I'm a convert.

Kiko Cream Highlighter Stick

Kiko Rosy Brown, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-2
This is another tricky product to work with. I wanted so badly to love the dry texture, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. That is until I finally admitted to myself that I needed to cut it with foundation. Since doing that it's worked a treat. It covers pretty well anything and stays in place all day. Admittedly, if I'm feeling lazy I probably wouldn't reach for this concealer, as it does require mixing, but it's a good one to have in the stash.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20
I seem to cycle through concealer loves. Concealer is my most used product, so I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise. I've come back to this one in the past couple of weeks. When my skin is really dry, to the point of peeling, cream concealers can be difficult to apply. I find liquid concealers easier to work with and the MAC Pro Longwear concealer is highly pigmented, which is always a must for me.

Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay
Never has a fragrance smelled so heavenly to me. I literally say “mmm” every time I apply it. I don't even mean to do it. It's so fresh and wonderful. It truly transports me to the smell of a crisp summer day. I have to give the biggest thank you to my amazing friend Danielle for this gift. So, so kind.

Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 05 Rosy Brown
So me and eyeshadow don't always gel. I try to like it, but I usually feel like it doesn't suite me or it creases or this and that. But oh child, this eyeshadow stick... it's my soul mate. We shall be wed. If I have to fight for the right then I will. It checks all the boxes for me. It applies creamy and hella pigmented, it stays put so well throughout the day and, best of all, the colour is scrumptious. Just check out the swatch here.


No comments:

Post a Comment