6.09.2015

THE ENTIRELY SMUDGE & CREASEPROOF EYE


I have the oiliest eyelids known to mankind. I could polish floors with my eyelids, grease pigs with them or deep fry your fries for you. When people tell me they have oily eyelids I scoff at them... as though I have something to be proud of. Am I setting the tone? Even with an excellent eye primer, most eyeshadows only make it through half a day for me before they bunch up into little lines. Likewise, most mascaras leave me with panda eyes. But I've recently discovered a trio that stays in tact from morning to night. Honestly, I went running in it the other night and it didn't budge. Praise FSM!

I start out with a light layer of the trusty Nars Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base. It's good to make sure you're not applying too much eye primer, as it can actually have a counterproductive effect. Making sure to first give that a few minutes to set, I then apply one of the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows straight from the stick and blend the edges with a brush. I can't rave enough about the Kiko sticks – they're affordable, they have a beautiful colour selection and they wear incredibly. I find that they can crease slightly on my lids on their own, but paired with the primer they're not going anywhere.

Finally, I finish up with a couple of coats of the MAC Extended Play Mascara. It's not very volumizing, but it is lengthening and completely smudge-proof. The only other mascaras that I've found that are equally as smudge-proof are some of Clinique's, but they can be a bit awkward and crumbly to remove (they're excellent nonetheless). MAC Extended Play washes off easily with warm water and a touch of micellar water. For me this is revolutionary because even waterproof mascaras smudge under my eyes.

So for any extremely oily eyelid peeps out there that are desperate for something that will stay put, hopefully you'll have the same success with this combo that I've had. Good luck and godspeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment