8.30.2015

THE EYE MAKEUP REMOVER SHOWDOWN


I've fallen in love with a new mascara, the L'oreal Miss Manga Rock Waterproof. It gives loads of volume and length and it holds a curl like a steroid fuelled 20 year old Arny. The only downside is that, being a waterproof mascara, it's a righteous douche canoe to remove. Of course this presented an opportunity, an opportunity to have a bit of a makeup remover showdown – a fight to the death if you will.

Bioderma Micellar Solution
I didn't expect much out of Bioderma for this purpose. It doesn't claim to be a waterproof eye makeup remover. And, well, it isn't. It did diddly squat. It makes a fantastic gentle makeup remover for regular mascara, but it's not cut out for this kind of work. This isn't a job for a mere mortal.

Rimmel Eye Makeup Remover
I had higher hopes for this one. I remember Anna saying she was keen on it and it does claim to remove waterproof makeup. But alas, it lies. This was no more effective than Bioderma and frankly it does feel just like any other micellar water so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

MAC Cleanse Off Oil
Now we're getting somewhere. The MAC Cleanse Off Oil was a big step up from the previous two. Due to the fact the it's an oil, it's able to effectively break down waterproof products. It removed all 3 coats of my Miss Manga, but it did take a fair amount of massaging. It's nice that it washes off of the eyes completely without leaving any oily residue. While  this was effective, I still wanted to find something was a bit quicker and easier.

Garnier 2 in 1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
I've heard many a time that the two part makeup removers that you shake up tend to be most effective. I know Clarins makes one that everybody loves, however I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on an eye makeup remover. Naturally I turned to my old friend Makeupalley. The Garnier 2 in 1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover was very highly rated on the MUA Top Picks. After checking a few drugstores I finally tracked down a bottle at Walmart for a whopping $5. First use explained all the positive reviews I'd read. It easily and effectively, with very minimal rubbing and tugging (chortle) removed all of my makeup. I like that it can be used easily with cotton pads unlike MAC's offering. This was the clear winner of the bunch. I highly recommend giving it a try if you're a fan of waterproof mascara.


No comments:

Post a Comment