9.20.2015

SOMETHING SPECIAL


When I first starting blogging I was a drugstore girl to the core. I loved finding dupes for high-end products and feeling like I was seeking out the diamonds in the rough. I still love that. You can't keep me away from the drugstore. But I've also come to realize how nice it is to have a few things that are truly special, things that you can really indulge in. It makes the whole process of makeup application that much sweeter. So what are my indulgences? Well, I shall tell you, because when have I ever not?

Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay
I heard beauty bloggers talking about Jo Malone all the time. I was sceptical about how good it could be, as I'm not exactly a lover of all perfumes. I finally headed to a counter a few months back and had a sniff around. Yeah. Yes. Yup. It is that good. There were a lot of beautiful smells, but Blackberry & Bay had me at hello. It completed me. It's wonderfully fresh and sophisticated. I actually couldn't possibly describe it better than the website.
Childhood memories of blackberry picking... A burst of deep, tart blackberry juice, blending with the freshness of just-gathered bay and brambly woods. Vibrant and verdant.
I mean, they get you from all angle don't they?

Diorskin Nude BB Cream
I think I've made it abundantly clear just how much I've fallen in love with the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. However, if I wanted to reach for something that makes me feel that extra bit special, it would still have to be the Diorskin Nude BB Cream. It has a lovely fragrance that adds an extra bit of luxury to the process of application. It also has a touch more coverage and a gorgeous creamy texture.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
A big thank you once again to Morgan from Blushing Wit for this palette. She does the best blog sales. I've wanted this palette for as long as the dinosaurs have been around, so when I finally saw it on Morgan's site, my trembling fingers couldn't email her fast enough. I must say this palette is even better than I expected. I knew I would like the shade Dim Light (the all-over setting powder), but I wasn't expecting to like the highlight and bronzing shade quite so much. They're both quite subtle, in a good way that is.

MAC Lipsticks
I know I'm a bit late to the boat, but growing up I never owned MAC lipsticks. It's only been in the past year that I've really started to explore their selection. And well, I must say, there is something about them. The cute little bullet, the sweet candy smell and the variance in texture... they are a wonderful thing to whip out of the handbag. Feeling fancy.

Zoeva Rose Gold Brushes
How could you not love these brushes? Unless you hate rose gold (Emma, I'm looking at you). They look gorgeous, they perform marvelously and they feel like brushes that cost 5x as much. Also, kudos to Zoeva for consistently putting together such an excellent selection of brushes in their sets.

Kiko Stick Eyeshadow in 05 Rosy Brown
I love these Kiko sticks because they perform right up there with any high-end shadow stick. I have a lot of shades, but 05 Rosy Brown is the one that makes me feel truly glamorous. It has a lovely silver reflex running through it that contrasts the warm tones of the shadow and adds so much draaammmmaaa. If I wanted to be well and truly fancy I would go for By Terry's Misty Rock, but for now I'm happy to settle with this beautiful dupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment