9.17.2015

THE MOST MAGICAL BOOK I EVER DID SEE


I wanted to tell you guys about a gift I was given. It's a colouring book, which I know sounds odd, but my goodness it's majestic. It's called Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt And Colouring Book. It's essentially a grown up version of the colouring books we had as kids. This one has thick, luxurious paper and a front cover that will make you want to “casually leave it lying on your coffee table” for appearances sake. Full of extremely intricate and beautiful designs, it makes you feel wonderfully childish and like a sophisticated adult all at once.

Man do I wish I had this book when I was experiencing really bad anxiety. It's something that you can completely pour yourself into creatively. It kind of reminds me of the paint by numbers that we had as kids too because you get to feel like you've made something great at the end, but really the hardest part was done for you. Good stuff.




I was so in love with the gold detailing on the front cover of the book that I went out and bought myself a gold and a silver gel pen. It surprisingly worked marvelously. I was so tickled that I actually cut the page out, framed it and put it up on my wall (which you guys will see in my bedroom tour soon, sooooooooon). This was such a wonderful gift to receive that I wanted to put this out there as an idea. We've got Christmas coming up in a few months and I can't think of anyone who wouldn't love this book. I sound like I'm getting paid to say this. I swear I'm not. I just really love the book. It makes me feel like I'm getting lost in something magical.



No comments:

Post a Comment