11.30.2015

THE TOO FACED CHOCOLATE BAR EYE PALETTE


It was becoming abundantly clear that I didn't exactly have a large selection of eye shadows to create looks with for work. So I made the decision that I was going to invest in a palette. At first I thought that the Urban Decay Naked 3 would be the one. I love the tones in it, however when I thought about it, I reckoned I could get a lot more variety out of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. One birthday celebration later, it became mine. So, thoughts and feelings....

It is a beautiful selection of colours. For those who like warm neutral tones, look no further. You've got rich russets, soft pinks and even a gorgeous, glittery, golden olive tone. The quality of the shadows are excellent. They're so pigmented, particularly the sparkly shades. You basically dip your brush in once and you get a full, intense colour all over the lid. In terms of lasting power... well... here's the thing. I honestly don't believe that there's a powder shadow that can last on my lids like a cream can. I just have the oiliest eyelids on the planet – even with the best eyeshadow primer. The shadows last decently on me for low key days, however as soon as I'm working up a sweat, they bunch into lines. Still, I don't think it's something that most people have to worry about. I'm just an oily beast.

The only downfall to me is the packaging. I'm not a fan of gimmicky packaging. I like a simple, clean look. Nevertheless that's hardly something to hold against this gem. Besides, it smells like chocolate. Friggin' chocolate man. I mean, come on. That shit's good.

I'll link you to Pinterest for swatches and I highly recommend checking out Sharon Farrel's Three Looks/One Palette videos (here and here) for some awesome ideas of what to do with this palette.


No comments:

Post a Comment