2.13.2016

FUN AND FABULOUS GALENTINE'S DAY LOOK

Just when you thought Valentine's Day couldn't be flogged anymore, I'm coming at ya with another tutorial. The last look was soft and sultry, so I figured we gone kick it up a notch this time. Ladies who are doing Galentine's, your friends will enjoy this one; ladies doing Valentine's... men might not understand this look. So today I kept the flirty cat eye, but this time I'm going bold with a double wing. To top it off I've got a red “stained” lip effect.

Eyes:
The eyes were, unsurprisingly, the most challenging bit. I started out with a cream coloured shadow all over the lid (Flower Child from the Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette). The next step was creating a nice slim winged liner. I've got a tutorial on how to do a perfect winged liner, but you can always use the scotch tape trick too if that works better for you. I used a combination of the Maybelline Gel Liner and the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper to get that crisp wing.

Under the eyes I created the second wing by first mapping out my shape with a black eye shadow (MAC Carbon) and a thin angled brush. Once I was happy with the shape I went over it with the Tattoo Liner. I finished things off with some L'oreal Miss Manga Rock Waterproof Mascara to get drama and curl. It's not an overly complicated eye look, it just takes time to map everything out.


Complexion:
Because I'm a broken record, I used the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer as my base. I brought a little life back into my cheeks with the Stila Convertible Colour Camellia Blush and the wonderful, but discontinued, Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow Highlighter in Iced Gold (MAC's Cream Colour Base in Luna is a great dupe).

Lips:
To create the stained lip effect I first conditioned my lips with the some balm and then wiped off the excess. I dabbed on a very thin layer of the *Pixi Mattelustre Lipstick in Plum Berry and worked it in with my fingers. I then took Nars Cruella and added it to the center of my lips and patted it out to add more intensity, but still keep that stained look.

So, would you do look one or look two? Or neither because, really, get over yourself Holly.

No comments:

Post a Comment