3.31.2016

SEPHORA GRATIS HAUL: FEBRUARY AND MARCH


I feel like I should first start by explaining what I mean when I say this is a Sephora Gratis Haul. The last time I posted a lot of people thought that I'd gone absolutely mental and bought everything I could get my hands on. Alas, 'tis not the case. One of the perks of working at Sephora is that you get given product to try. Everything I'm showing today was given to me by the company. So I've got my loot from February and March and, as always, I'll give you a quick review of everything.


1. Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint: This is the most exciting piece of gratis I've received in a while. It's an absolutely gorgeous moisturizer with an SPF of 30 and a lovely bronzed glow to it. Think: a more luxurious version of Origins Vitazing.

2. Guerlain Meteorite Primer: I love the Guerlain L'or Primer. To me this is a slightly less hydrating and sparkly version of that. It's nice, but the L'or is much nicer.

3. Marc Jacobs Covert Colour Corrector in Covert Affairs: I'll hand it to Marc Jacobs, they made an extremely user friendly, realistic colour corrector. It's great for correcting mild discolouration quickly and easily.

4. Shiseido Ibuki Multi Solution Gel: I'm still not even totally clear on what this does. I think it's meant to smooth over dried out spots and rouge areas. I haven't tried it enough to know what I think yet.

5. Dior Capture Totale UVB Base: Dior created a beautiful, luminous and luxurious sunscreen here. The fragrance in Dior always concerns me, but the product itself is certainly stunning.

6. Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift + Retinol: Used it once. No thoughts yet.

7. Bite Amuse Bouche in Molasses: Yup, the new Amuse Bouche Lipsticks are stunning. The shade range it on point and I don't think I've ever seen a traditional lipstick formula so pigmented.

8. Algenist Colour Correctors: They make for nice lightweight colour correctors for fair to light skins.

9. Marc Jacobs Highliner: These liner are rydinkulus.


10. Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue: I much prefer this mattifying gel to most mattifying primers. It does a good job leaving an ultra matte finish to the skin. You get a ton of product in the tube too.

11. Benefit Dew The Hoola: I love the idea of a liquid bronzer, but this one is very orange. I just wish the colour was more like the powder Hoola Bronzer. I must prefer the liquid Perricone MD No Bronzer Bronzer.

12. Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume: It's a strange perfume. It only contains one ingredient that is typically used as a base note. It's meant to smell different on everyone's skin, but always fresh. It really doesn't smell like much to me other than vaguely like perfume. I'll see how it grows on me.

13. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner: The Aqua Eyes Liners are awesome quality, as you'd expect. They're not as long wearing as the Marc Jacobs and not as creamy as the Urban Decay, but they almost as if the two had a baby.

14. Make Up For Ever Matte Primer: This is one of the more impressive matte primers I've tried. It doesn't just feel like mountains of slippy silicone. It seems to have more grip.

15. Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick: Haven't touched it once.

16. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask: Not yet.

17. Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser: I've been using this for a while now as I was given the full size. It smells yummy and feels like a luxurious product, but the apricot seed exfoliant is a little intense.

18. Tarte Marine Boosting Mist: Not yet.

19. Tarte Deep Dive Cleansing Gel: Not yet.

20. Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Drench Lip Splash Lipstick: The formula of these lipsticks are really impressive. They're ultra smooth and pigmented. They glide on beautifully, but then they're decently long wearing.

21. Estee Edit Pore Vanishing Stick: I really don't care for those pore vanishing sticks. They just slip around.

22. Estee Edit Makeup Remover and Cleanser: Not yet.

23. Estee Edit Flash Photo Gloss: Meh. It's sticky and a weird idea. Plus the packaging it fugly.

24. Estee Edit Shade Transformer in Turn Down: Generally I'm not keen on the Estee Edit line. It feels super try hard (like a 90 year old woman dressed in Forever 21 clothing, claiming to be 70 years younger than she is) and the quality of some of the products aren't that great. That being said, I do think the lipsticks are some of the better products in the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment