4.07.2016

NO FOUNDATION AND A POP OF COLOUR

I woke up this morning and it was a bright sun-shining day. Days like that just make me feel wonderful. Anyone else get that? It put me in the mood to do something bright and fun with my makeup. A bronzey, glowing complexion, free of foundation, and a pop of colour on the eyes seemed just the thing for today. It's simple as can be, so let me take you through it!



Skin
I love skipping foundation in the summertime (fair enough, it's not summer yet, but I'm doing a fantastic job pretending). What I'll do instead is pop a little fake tan on my face the night before (Vita Liberata PHenomenal Tan Lotion), which gives the illusion of evening out the skin tone. What I did today was follow up with the Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint. I am frighteningly and deeply in love with this stuff. It gives the skin a beautiful bronzed glow, but doesn't add any coverage. The colour is perfect. Afterwards I went in with the new Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Sun-Kissed (again, perfect colour) on the high points of my face and brought a glow all over my cheeks with the Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter in Fireball. Because I didn't use foundation, I wanted to touch up a few little hyper-pigmentation marks. For that I used my trusty Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.


Eyes & Lips
For eyes I did a little something that I learned in a NARS masterclass. I wanted to introduce an unusual and fun colour to the lids. I used one of the NARS Satin Lip Pencils in Torres Del Paine (which was limited edition, though it's probably most similar to the shade Lodhi) all over the lid, concentrating it a fair bit at the base of the lashes. This technique generally isn't long lasting, even with an eye primer and a setting powder, but it's a good bit of fun! I skipped mascara, because sometimes you gotta say fuck it to mascara, and popped a little Tarte Park Ave Princess on the lips. What did I tell you? Easy as can be!


Amping It Up
Now if you did fancy taking things further, I've got some more wackiness for you. I added the Urban Decay Heartless Pencil (we got a bunch of Urban Decay in gratis) under the eyes and threw on some Urban Decay Perversion Mascara... because sometimes you have to say not fuck it to mascara? I am not usually a lover of too much colour, but I decided to go nuts on the lips. I filled my whole lip in with the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Yu and popped the center of the lips with NARS Iberico (similar to Red Square).

Thoughts? Kinda fun or are you currently chundering because you find it so butt ugly?


No comments:

Post a Comment