5.03.2016

MY FREELANCE MAKEUP KIT


I don't know if today's post will pique anyone's interest, but we'll give it a go anyways. I recently started doing some freelance makeup work again. But seeing as it's been a few years since the last time I dabbled, I had to rebuild my kit almost from scratch. In the chance that there's anyone out there wondering about building up a freelancing kit, or even anyone just curious to see the contents, I wanted to share with you guys what I've stocked mine with.

Foundation
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation: for the oily skin client. Estee Lauder Double Wear would also be great and fuller coverage too.
MUFE Ultra HD Foundation: for almost any client except very oily skin.
Graftobian Foundation Palette: for deeper skin clients... until I expand my Ultra HD range.


Primer
Guerlain Meteorites Primer: excellent for increasing makeup longevity.
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: for clients that want a smooth effect. I hate this primer.
MUFE Mattifying Primer: for oily skin clients. It's one of the best matte primers I've tried.
L'oreal Lumi Magic: for clients that want a real glow.

Concealer
MAC Studio Concealer/Corrector Palettes: for blemish concealing or dark under eye circles.
MAC Select Cover Up: for crease-proof under eye concealing.
Dermacolor Concealer Palette: for everything in between.

Highlight/Contour
NYX Contour Palette: contains realistic shades and a beautiful shimmery highlight.
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal: beautiful for a soft highlight or mixing with foundation.

Powder
RCMA No Color Powder: works to set any skin type without causing flashback.

Setting Spray
MUFE Mist & Fix: to lock everything in place and/or intensify eye shadow payoff.

Skincare
Algenist Colour Correctors: nice, lightweight colour correctors.
First Aid Beauty Lip Balm: a matte finish lip balm that doesn't disrupt lipstick over top.
Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water: a cleansing water that takes everything off.
Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream: a lightweight eye cream that works for everyone.
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: moisturizer for oily skin.
Philosophy Hope In A Jar: moisturizer for drier skin.
Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue: an awesome mattifying gel.

Lip Liners
Sephora Collection Nano Liners: tiny liners with a dry consistency that are easy to control.
MUFE Liners: waterproof, extremely long wearing liners.
Becca Liner in Fondant: the perfect nude liner for lighter skin tones.
Pixi Clear Liner: in case I need something to stop feathering and prime the lips.

Eye Liners
Sephora Collection Waterproof Liners: waterproof eyeliners in brown, black, pearlescent beige and gray.
Marc Jacobs Highliner: when you need the blackest eyeliner on the market that will stay in the waterline.
Anastasia Gel Liner: the best gel liner in the market.

Brow Products
Sephora Collection Waterproof Brow Pencils: waterproof, detailer brow pencils. I picked only cool undertone shades (Neurtal Gray Brown and Soft Charcol).
Elf Brow Gel: because it's a dollar and it's frickin' awesome.

Mascara
Covergirl Super Sizer Waterproof Mascara: the most trustworthy mascara I know of. No smudging or flaking and it creates beautiful lashes.

Eye Primer
Too Faced Shadow Insurance: truth be told, I like the NARS one better.

Lipsticks
Bite Beauty Matte Lip Pencils: long wearing, high pigment.
MAC Lipsticks: I mostly picked up matte shades so they'd last on the lips. I grabbed Honey Love, Kinda Sexy, Mehr and Syrup.
Sephora Collection Lipsticks: I picked up various different textures.
MAC Lipglass in Prrr: a soft gloss shade that layers well over anything.
I've got lots of random lipsticks in the mix too.
Palettes
Too Faced Little Black Bronzer Palette: bronzer palette with various depth and different finishes.
Morphe Blush Palette: a fantastic blush palette that has every powder blush you could need!
BH Cosmetics Lip Palette: a filler lip palette for the shades I don't have. I need to get a better quality one. I'm eyeing up the Smashbox Lip Palette.
Morphe 35T Palette: a filler eye shadow palette for all the shades I don't have. Good quality though.
MAC Warm Neutral Eye Shadow Palette: a very cost effective way to go in terms of MAC.
MAC Custom Palettes: I got these in makeup school.
Tarte Tartelette in Bloom Palette: a really useful palette due to all the matte shades.

I want to note that a lot of my kit is stocked with MAC and Sephora Collection. That's because I get a 40% discount for both. MAC is very generous with their discounts. MUFE also offers a 40% discount for working makeup artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment