5.11.2016

APRIL FAVOURITES


Summertime has arrived in Vancouver. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden I'm getting a tan and I can't bear to wear pants. Well, to be fair, I never like wearing pants. With the change in temperature comes a change in my makeup tastes. I'm lovin' the bronzed skin and sheer formulas for the lips, and that's exactly what you'll see in my very late April Favourites today.

Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil
I've had the chance to try a lot of cleansing oils now and this one ranks pretty high. It's lightweight, spreads easily, dissolves makeup and doesn't irritate my skin. I like the ingredient list. It's quite simple and clean.

Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder
I've tried the Amore Pacific Enzyme Powder, as well as the Tatcha, and I definitely prefer Tatcha. It's got a slight physical exfoliation factor (though it's so fine that you almost can't feel it) and the ingredients feel a little more gentle on my skin. It does leave your skin feeling squeaky clean however, so you'll want a nice moisturizer after, but damn your face will feel like a baby's bum.

Perricone MD Moisturizer Tint
I cannot get enough of this stuff. A gorgeously hydrating moisturizer with an SPF of 30 and a beautiful bronzed tint... what more could you ask for. The price is steep, but it is the perfect product for summer.

Tanya Burr Lip Glosses in Lunch Date, I Found Nemo & Just Peachy
I ordered some of the new formulations of the Tanya Burr Lip Glosses and they're stellar. I prefer the watermelon scent to the old vanilla scent and the formula seems a touch more sheer, which I actually like better. The colours are beautiful and the new packaging also looks very luxe considering the low price tag.

YSL Volupte Shine in 49
I finally got my hands on a YSL Lipstick. I won it at work. Woohoo! Hot damn, there is a reason people love these lipsticks. They feel incredible on the lips. Like heaven. And the mango scent is scrumtrulescent. The pigmentation is spot on because they're enough that you can get a nice pop of colour out of them, but you can still apply them without looking. I have the shade 49, which makes for a lovely, bright summertime pink.

Atelier Cologne Bergamot Soleil
Speaking of summertime, this scent smells like happiness and sunshine in a bottle. It's so lovely and fresh that I can't imagine anyone not liking it. Bergamot always reminds me of Greece. The streets there are lined with bergamot trees and the aroma is overwhelmingly beautiful.

Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder
Finishing on yet another a pricey note, I was surprised at just how much I liked the Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer. This stuff is freaking expensive... like seriously expensive, but there's a reason. If you're the type of person that wears bronzer every day, this will be worth the money. This will easily last 4x longer than most bronzers. Because it's hand pressed, you don't get any excess powder flying around, which means you don't waste product and you also get the perfect amount of bronze every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment