5.21.2016

SEPHORA GRATIS HAUL: APRIL & MAY


I won't bore you with a rambling intro today. Psyche. Imma bore the crap out of you. This morning I woke up and took my first breath as a conscious human on May 20th. I wondered to myself if it would be another sunny day. You see my blinds were shut, prohibiting me from knowing what to expect. I closed my eyes again, seeing as I was a bit sleepy, but then opened them again because I knew I really ought to get up...

Yeah, okay that's enough of that. Hey, here's some shit that I got given from work!

1. Guerlain Brushes
We were gifted these at a Guerlain master class, which by the way was awesome. Check as Maxime Poulin from Guerlain because he is seewww adorable! Anyways, I was surprised at just how much I love the face brushes. They apply product beautifully. The eye brush that I got isn't great though.

2. Cover FX Contour Brush
This, on the other hand, I found to be disappointingly scratchy.

3. YSL Y-Brush
I used it once. It felt a bit stiff, but I'll give it another go.

4. BareMinerals Bareskin Perfecting Face Brush
This seemed like a cheaper, better version of the YSL brush to me.

5. Sephora Collection Full Coverage 66 Brush
I generally really like Sephora Collection brushes. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm definitely curious to see how it works.

6. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
I'm trying to add more vitamin C into my skincare to help improve the clarity of my skin, but I'm just not sure about this. The clear bottle isn't good to store vitamin C in and it smells like candy. Some people love that, but that seems off putting in skincare to me.

7. Alterna Caviar Volume Mist
Alterna is the shiz. This spray gives you an awesome boost of volume to your roots without any crunch. Everything I've tried from the Caviar range has been the bomb.

8. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask
We did a Tata Harper master class at work the other day. I was fully expecting my skin to freak out after using so many Tata Harper products, but to my surprise my skin felt and looked incredible the next day. I may be a convert. I'm not totally sure yet.

9. Sephora Collection Brush Cleaner
I haven't tried it yet.

10. Becca Blushed Copper
This really does make a beautiful blush topper on bronzed skin.

11. YSL Eyeshadow Palette in 04
Such beautiful packaging, such crap eye shadows. YSL's cream products – amazing. YSL's powder products – terrible.

12. Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation
I suppose I'm the eternal pessimist, because once again I was surprised that I quite like this. It makes a very nice day cream for oily skin because it dries semi-matte, however, I would never use it as a night cream. It's not nearly hydrating enough.

13. Urban Decay Fireball Highlighter
What a cool highlight. It's duo chrome and it looks beautiful as a sort of “in between blush and highlight” on my light skin tone.

14. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
Haven't tried it yet. Can't keep up with all the skincare.

15. Sephora Collection Sponge
These sponges are decent. They feel like good quality, but the shape is pretty impractical.

16. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
This is a lovely, light, floral fragrance and it comes in a sweet little bottle.

17. Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion
This stuff is heavy duty. The grains are extremely fine and extremely densely packed. I see why they call it a microdermabrasion scrub.

18. Sephora Collection Blush in 16
I like these blushes. The shade range is pretty and they're affordable. Nothing special, but just nice all-rounder blushes for a reasonable price.

19. Tatcha Enzyme Powder
This was in my monthly favourites. It's a great gentle enzyme exfoliator with the slightest psychical grain to it.

20. Benefit Dallas
I love this so much! I think the colour of this blush perfectly suits a bronzed look. It makes it look as though you've just caught some sun, in a nice way.

21. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer
I've raved about this twice now. This bronzer is awesome. That's all.

22. Origins Mask Primer
Ugh. I hate this. It's a stupid idea for a product. I sprayed it once on my face and it felt like burning. Origins is just one big pile or irritants in my grouchy eyes.



23. Urban Decay Bronzer in Sun Kissed
Another lovely matte bronzer. Cutest packaging award of the year goes to this guy.

24. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
It does smudge a bit, but I really like the effect this mascara has nonetheless. Lots of volume and length. It's a fairly wet formula, which is a good thing in my books.

25. Urban Decay Pencil in Heartless
The Urban Decay Pencils are always great. This is no exception.

26. Make Up For Ever HD Concealers
I like these concealers a lot. They do have a tendency to crease a bit under the eyes, so you have to place them strategically. However, they look very natural and non-cakey and they have an impressive amount of pigment. The only thing is that I hate the colour of the correctors in the line. I don't think they brighten under the eyes in the slightest.

27. Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Lip
Haven't tried it yet.

28. Elizabeth & James Perfumes
I usually go for light, fresh fragrances, but for something sweeter and more intense, these are a good option.

29. Philosophy Breath Oxygen Gel Cream
Haven't tried this yet.

30. NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint
I'll do a full review on this soon. I need to test it some more.

31. Tatcha Cleansing Oil
Again, this was in my monthly favourites. It's a fantastic cleansing oil.

32. Clarins Multi Protection Sunscreen SPF 50
I like that this sunscreen is so lightweight and that it has both physical and chemical sunscreens in it. Good stuff.

33. YSL Rouge Volupte in 49
The smell. The formula. The look. Heavenly.

34. Amore Pacific Future Response Serum
I really liked the Future Response Cream, so it's probably no surprise that I like the matching serum.

35. Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydrating Firming Serum
I haven't tried it enough to judge it yet.

36. Atelier Bergamote Soleil Cologne
Amazing. Delicious, fresh, happy cologne.

37. YSL Beaute Vinyl Couture Mascara
Haven't cracked it yet. Too many mascaras.

38. Cover FX Custom Infusion Drops in Radiance
I like the consistency and smell and the idea of it containing vitamin C. I haven't used it enough to have many thoughts yet though.

39. Cover FX Contour Kit
I just ignore the fact that this is meant to be a contour palette, due to the fact the that contour shades are way too orange. Instead I use it as a cream bronzer/highlighter palette and it's very beautiful.

40. Nudestix Matte Lip Pencil in Royal
Haven't tried it yet, but it looks beautiful.

41. Nudestix Gel Colour Pencil in Rebel
I tried this and loved it! The formula is great, as is the colour, and it's nice that it's a multi-tasker.

42. Nudestix Magnetic Eye Colour Pencil in Angel
I haven't tried this on my eyes. I'm curious to see if it lasts at all. The colour is nice and I've heard it makes a good highlight too. Ps. I met the Nudestix founder and she's only 19. What is God's name am I doing with my life?


No comments:

Post a Comment