6.16.2016

CURRENT LIP FAVIES


Ah lipstick. What would I do without you? I ask thee, how doth one spice up their life without the help of a lipstick? The Spice Girls might know, but I'm lost without a peppy red, or a blindingly obnoxious pink. Try taking up Salsa classes instead you say. I don't think so. I'd much rather keep throwing money at Sephora. Onto what I've been wearing lately... allow me to take you on a tour and segue out of this bizarre and disastrous intro.

Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Lunch Date
Let's eeeasssee into it with a sheer, nude option. Naughty. I am deeply in love with these new Tanya Burr Glosses. The formula is lovely and the pigmentation level is perfect. Lunch Date is a wonderful chic, barely there kind of colour that anyone could wear. It would pair well with any eye. I'm wearing it in my No Makeup Makeup Look.

Nudestix Gel Colour in Rebel
I don't know why, but I had a real chip on my shoulder when it came to Nudstix. That is, until I had a masterclass with the founder. It was interesting. I gained a lot of respect for the philosophy of the brand and what they're doing as a company. I've also been surprised by how lovely their lip formulas are. This colour in particular is perfect for summer. It's a fresh and juicy looking pink, that's very wearable. Chip officially off my shoulder and in my mouth, because I'm snacky.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
After a brief, accidental stint in the washing machine, this lipstick emerged glorious as ever. It's marvelous. I've talked about Dragon Girl a million times, so I'll summarize it with this: matte as hell, bold, stunning, magenta red.
T- B: YSL 49, Colourpop Lumiere, NARS Yu, NARS Dragon Girl, Nudetix Rebel, Tanya Burr Lunch Date

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Yu
On the satin side of things, the NARS Lip Pencil in Yu is the way to go if you want a bold pink lip. It's more comfortable than its matte contour-part, but it's also extremely long wearing and gorgeous.

Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumiere
Kathleen, you made a winner with this one. Lumiere is such a great shade for those who want to dabble in the 90s look but aren't ready to completely turn into a Jenner. It's a little more cool toned and easy to wear compared to something like MAC's Soar lip pencil. It also has a very comfortable matte formula.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 49
I hate that these lipsticks have such a fantastic formula. Fourty g-dang dollars! Anyways, yes, the formula is as amazing as everyone says. It's buttery and moisturizing and smells like delicious, delicious mango. The shade 49 is not something I would have picked for myself (Sephora gratis), but it's one that I surprisingly love. It says Spring, but without screaming it in your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment