6.11.2016

THE PERFECT MOISTURIZER FOR OILY SKIN


I found it. It has been found. Alert the townspeople. The perfect daytime moisturizer for oily skin now resides in my cupboards. I have been on the hunt for this product for a long time now and, let me tell you, it has been a challenge. The issue with finding a good moisturizer for oily skin is that you're usually either left feeling greasy or you're felt feeling un-hydrated. I finally feel like I've found a product that strikes the right balance.

The Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet is quite a unique texture. Normally moisturizers fall under the category of a gel or a cream. Gels tend to leave your skin a smidge parched, while creams often feel too heavy once they're mingling with your natural oils and your makeup. The texture of the Caudalie Sorbet, however, truly sits somewhere in between. It sets to an almost dry finish, but still leaves a pleasant amount of plumpness to the skin. I love the way it feels under makeup. I'll note that my dry skinned friend also loves this moisturizer for daytime. Booyah!

Putting aside the magnificent texture, I have to give some props to the ingredients in this bad boy. In the past I've gone for dermatologist favoured brands, such as La Roche Posay or Avene. They're fantastic for delivering hydration to sensitive skin, but what they're not always great at is including benefits such as protection against free radicals and other causes of premature ageing. The entire Caudalie line on the other hand is based off of the power of the grape (that sounds just about as bad ass as Ant Man), which means you're getting a boost of antioxidants. It's certainly no anti-ageing serum, but it's always nice to be that little bit more protected. In fact, you could say that it's grape to be. Awwww yeaahhh.

I promise I wasn't paid to say that. In fact, Caudalie would probably try to pay me not to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment