9.02.2016

6 TO TRY


Sometimes I wear makeup. Wut? Get over it. Kiddiinnng. As per usual I've been dabbling in a mix or new makeup gems and old reliables. And it struck me the other day that I haven't done a 5 to try type post in ages, if ever. So I went to pick out five gems that I think everyone should own in their collection, and naturally I had to pick six.  

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Infrared Matte
The shade Infrared is a beautiful, deep rich red. It's quickly become one of my favourite reds in my collection. But it's not just the shade I love. The formula of these lipsticks in on point for $25. They're pigmented, long wearing and matte, but not uncomfortable. The whole shade range they released in both the matte and cream formulas are awesome. I really think Smashbox is an underrated brand.

Sleek Solstice Highlighter Palette
Surprise, surprise, I think the Solstice palette is a winner. The world has been going mental for this palette and for good reason. If you want to blind people with your cheekbones (keep in mind that immediately after would be a good time to cut a bitch with your contour) then look no further. This is in no way shape or form a natural highlighter. It's full on disco ball. However it's still quite a fine powder and looks almost wet on the cheeks, rather than glittery. Beautious.

H&M Eyeliner in Grand Cru
This is the bomb.com! You know the Anastasia Metallic Luster Liners that cost $23? Maybe? This is exactly like those, but for a fraction of the price. It is a stunning, metallic, stand out colour that sits somewhere in between silver and gold (swatch here). And jess, the formula is both buttery and long wearing. As Josh from Bachelor in Paradise would say, “mmm.”

Physician's Formula Lash Boosting Eyeliner
I have to throw props to this bad boy again. I've been using the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner for a while now, and I must say, as pigmented and precise as it is, it does dry out quite quickly. I've had this Physician's Formula Liner for longer than I should have and it's still going strong! In fact I'd say it's gotten better with age. It's like the wine and cheese of the makeup world. It seems that the formula has dried down just a touch making it even more pigmented.

Tanya Burr Lipglosses
I think I've mentioned these a few times before, but they're worth mentioning again. I love these glosses so much. They're completely comparable to a high end gloss in my mind. The pigmentation level is perfect, they feel nice on the lips and they smell like yummy watermelon. The shade range is so lovely too.

MAC Paint Pot in Quite Natural
The shade Groundwork gets so much love, but not many people talk about Quite Natural. I am enamoured with this shade. We're thinking about eloping. It's such a glorious, deep, warm, matte brown that makes the perfect base for a smokey eye. Heck, what am I saying? It's stunning alone. The formula of these are so long wearing. I see why people use them as primers. They kick the Maybelline Colour Tattoos in the pants in that respect.


No comments:

Post a Comment