9.07.2014

10 THINGS ABOUT ME

I got tagged by the wonderful, talented, beautiful Brittany from Life, Set Sail to do a 10 Things About Me post. Ahhh she's great. She may be busy currently as she's off riding a horse backwards with me, on a boat. The tickets are now diamonds! Nope, that never happened, but I can dream. I did actually get tagged by her though - that part is true - and hers made me laugh so much that I thought "jesssss, I do this too." So here are 10 things about me that you probably didn't know. Warning: they're weird. Also there are more than 10. Yikes. It doesn't look good that I can't stop talking about myself.

1. I have twin sisters (I am not one of the twins to be clear). One of them has a three legged cat and we relentlessly pretend like she ripped its leg off. It actually got mauled by a raccoon. Also the same sister had a raccoon jump up and bite her on the leg and she had to get rabies shots. I dunno, clearly she has a weird thing about legs and raccoons.

2. I have a brother that surprisingly few people know about, but I get on with quite well. That sounds odd, but we barely saw each other growing up (divorced parents, different houses, he's older). I've literally gone years knowing people and then when I mention something about my brother they're like "wait, what? No, you can't fool me."


3. I am basically an old person. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years (since I was 17) and I think the relationship has aged us about 60 years. Anytime we go out, we're both like "well it's 9:00, probably... you know... probably gonna head out now because... well... things are starting to get a little wild here and... well yeah... it's just that our bed is so soft and comfortable." 

4. I hate kids. I don't hate them. But I kind of do. Some of them are great, but others sometimes need a healthy dose of chloroform. This may not be a popular opinion. 

5. I had a unibrow growing up. Weelll if we're being honest that's probably not a huge shocker. I'm part Armenian and my brows are fairly mannish even now. I successfully managed to pluck the browstache enough as a kid that it doesn't come back in anymore though... mostly.
 

6. I have to take 100 pictures of myself to find the only where I don't have a crazy eye. One of my eyes just can't open. I was part of a bridal party once and we had to take individual brides maids shots and the photographer said to me "that's great, but can you just try, like, opening both eyes?" You know what sir? I would love to. It would be a dream come true.

7. I am obsessed with my boyfriend's boss' dog (especially his bum because it looks like a lamb's bum). That dog in my instagram pictures... not mine. Probably a bit weird right?
 

8. I'm also obsessed with sloths and onesies, which is how this custom made sloth onesie came to be, courtesy of my talented, rabid sister.
 

9. I can't stop watching The Bachelor. Or The Bachelorette. Or Bachelor Pad. Or Bachelor in Paradise. What is wrong with me? I got a fever and the only prescription is more Bachelor! God it's bad though.
 

10. I work in a grocery store (health food store if you want to sound fancy) with one of the greatest friends I could ask for (he actually taught me loads about how to code) and we basically just wonder around talking in New Zealand or South African accents, pretending to be car salesmen. Seriously, every day that is how we pass our time. We might not win employees of the month, but we'd certainly win "in need of a swift slap in the face of the month" if they made that award.

A few bonus facts:
 

1. I went to makeup school. I think I've only mentioned that before once here? Not sure. I don't like to mention it too much because then I think people will expect me to be better than I am.

2. I'm a die hard Buffy fan. I have watched them again and again, especially season 4. I think Giles has to be one of the greatest characters of all time. 

3. I can do a pretty awesome Wookie call. I know. You're impressed. Why wouldn't you be?


27 comments:

  1. This was absolutely hilarious and I'm glad I got to know more about you, as reading this I realised I didn't know anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so much reading this... and I hope that Wookie claim is legit because if so, my respect for you has increased tenfold.

    http://byhermirror.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha you sound like you lead a very interesting life! Would love to hear your Wookie call! I'm not toooo fond of kids either... erp maybe just cuz I'm super awkward with them lol

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...my talented, rabid sister" hahaha I'm dying. This was too entertaining.


    PS: I have a three legged cat as well, and I constantly get made fun of for what I supposedly did to his leg haha. x


    Melissa | M is for Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Yes. I'm so happy other people are making this joke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this! It definitely made me laugh. And don't worry, you're not the only one who isn't too fond of children. I never know how to act around them. They're so unpredictable!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a major funny bone in there! Loved this! :-)

    Divya | TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, YES the bachelor/bachelorette is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is hilarious and I love the bachelor/bachelorette too its my guilty pleasure!

    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, oh my gosh, this is the best thing I've ever read! So funny because in your photo I thought you were wearing a robe and holding a claw and I though...why, WHY!? It all makes sense now ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Number 3 and Number 4. YES, me too!

    Great post!

    www.gracetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it's legit. Too legit to quit... or something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA! I'm now wondering how many other people looked at the photo and thought the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just discovered your blog and I am pretty sure this is basically the best introductory post that I could have started on! You sound like an excellent human and I can't wait to read more!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha ! I relate so much to the third fact!

    Your picture and the first fact are so funny I couldn't stop laughing! ;)


    Candice - http://sense-and-sensibility.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha thank you! Being called an excellent human is pretty fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks. Glad it wasn't a huge flop. I found your blog through Brittany and it's beautiful by the way. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely loved reading these, you're so funny! You know I have a thing for dogs bums, my nan has a dog that has a lamb bum...it feels so weird typing this out.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. #6 kills me because I can hear your voice saying it; whale laughing alone in my room right now

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yesss! Support group. I did not fully express how obsessed with this dog's bum I am. I actually squeal every time I see it. I may have revealed too much here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yessss. I love you so much. You and your whale laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. #4... YES. I hate kids and I won't be having them. No, I will not be "changing my mind later/as I get older" either. And I had a (WILD) unibrow too.

    Anceeta.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha I enjoyed the way you capitalized that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I literally laughed out loud when you stated that you walk around your work talking in a New Zealand accent. I'm a Kiwi myself and have never, ever heard someone try to talk in a NZ accent. Hilarious. Keep it up- I'm sure you make a sweet as Kiwi. ambermarie

    ReplyDelete
  25. HAHAHA! Don't woory I am an old woman too (even if I'm just 23...) ;)

    atouchofpink1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete