10.08.2014

THE BODY SHOP IS BACK

I was down to the dregs of my Ren Evercalm Cleansing Milk so I decided to place an order with The Body Shop to stock up on some more cleanser... and then somehow other things found their way into my basket too. What? Who put those there?! Anyways, most satisfyingly, the day that my Ren Cleansing Milk bestowed upon me it's final pump, the package from The Body Shop arrived. And cleansing was had once more. As well as some shampooing and spraying of good smells. So what did I get you ask? (Please ask). Well my friends, let me tell you!


Tee Tree Cool and Creamy Wash
My interests were first piqued when I saw this cleanser on EssieButton. Estee described it as a “power-wash for the face,” yet non-stripping. Hmmm,yes, quite intriguing. After a good bit of mashing it around on my face, I must admit that I do indeed agree. Like anyone was holding their breath on that one. First off it has that funny cooling feeling due to the menthol in it. That can be a nice refresher in the morning, but just be careful if you have sensitive skin. Some people don't do well with menthol. It really feels like it removes every bit of grease and grime (though unfortunately not makeup) and leaves your skin almost that squeaky clean feeling, without actually being void of moisture. They walked a fine line with this cleanser, and they won. That sentence made no sense, but let's roll with it.

Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser
Onto the next one. I wanted another cleansing milk, like the Ren one, that was calming and non-drying – something that I could use when I was having trouble with angry, hot, aggravated skin. Only this time I wanted to get a good budget version. And by Jove, I think this Aloe Cleanser fits the bill. It's not as moisturizing as the Ren Evercalm Cleansing Milk, but it still definitely doesn't strip away any moisture. It just leaves your skin feeling clean and un-bothered, for lack of a better word. It also doesn't contain any fragrance, which is a huge plus in my eyes. I really like this one as a go to when my skin is being a diva.

Ginger Scalp Care Shampoo
I often find that I get a bit of buildup in my hair over time due to its natural oiliness and the use dry shampoo, as well as a number of other products. So I like using shampoos that remove whatever junk is hanging around. This Ginger Scalp Shampoo is meant more for targeting flaking and dandruff problems, but I find it does a great job for my purposes. It leaves my hair feeling really lovely and weightless. A little bit goes a long way with this too. The best part is the smell though. It smells so deliciously of ginger – almost like a can of ginger beer, but not too sickly sweet or anything. It's such a pick me up in the morning.

Grapefruit Body Mist
I love, and I mean intensely love, the Grapefruit Body Butter from The Body Shop. Like, I love it so much that I want to rub it all over my body. The way one does with moisturizer. See what I did there? Needless to say, I've been itching to give the mist a go for a while now. The 40% off deal they were having finally convinced me. What can I say? The mist smells a bit sweeter than the Body Butter, but it's still quite refreshing. If you're a fan of grapefruit, it's worth trying. I think The Body Shop does a good job realistically duplicating smells. Do you guys agree? I sniffed their Banana shampoo and it actually smells like bananas – not like medicine. Dayum.

17 comments:

  1. I too picked up the Tea Tree Wash because of Estee, I can be so easily influenced! I really do like it but it's definitely a morning time product, I can't imagine using it at night time.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my eyes on the tea tree cleanser but as I have quite a few cleansers to go through still, I haven't purchased it yet. It sounds quite lovely for the mornings so I'll have to make sure I give it a go. xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't been to the body shop in ages, but I recently picked up some skincare stuff and I've been blown away by how good it is! Glad you're loving it too, I'm hoping to try their ginger shampoo soon, I love the smell of ginger!

    Francine from The Graduate Goddess xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never gotten into the skin care at TBS but I LOVVVEE the body butters!

    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been nervous to try anything from the tea tree line ever since TBS salesgirl admitted that the products were very stripping! I did just purchase their almond hand cream and it's nothing short of magical. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I would never try the soapy cleanser. Not appealing to me, but I thought the tee tree cream cleanser was a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love their body butters too. I have been so impressed with all of their skincare so far though. Really worth it, especially when they're doing their 40% of deals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So agree about the skincare. I wasn't expecting to like the shampoo that much though. I thought it'd just be nice because it smells like ginger, but actually it's a darn good shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha yeah, a part of me is always slightly excited when I finish a cleanser as it means getting to try a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Estee. She is one fantastic Canadian. I've tried a fair few things on her recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love body mists from TBS, they always smell amazing!

    Sophia | sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to try more from TBS, especially since they recently had a price drop over here! I really want to try the Tea Tree Creamy wash, it sounds awesome. I love cream cleansers for the morning. Also want to try the body mists, they sound so lovely!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sound of that grapefruit spray, its one of my favourite scents from them!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  14. So refreshing and so realistically like grapefruit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that they're not too overboard for people who aren't crazy about perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They do them so often I never bother buying anything until its 40% off

    ReplyDelete