10.10.2014

THE FIRST MAC LIPSTICKS (WITH SWATCHES)


A few weeks ago something arrived in the mail. Something that would make any makeup fanatic giddy. My friends, I speak of the glorious MAC Pro Card. Hoho baby, I knew I spent thousands of dollars attending makeup school for a reason (I can't emphasize enough how much I am kidding). Now the temptation was to go absolutely nuts and buy everything I'd ever heard any blogger talk about, but I was slightly more sensible and limited myself to only three products. Two of those products happened to be lipsticks. I don't know how I've managed to go this long loving makeup and never having bought a single MAC lipstick. It seemed about time to put an end to that madness (first world problems at their finest). I'm pretty darn tootin' pleased with the two I picked.


MAC Pure Zen
This is the perfect pink peachy nude to me. It's not so nude that it looks washed out and it brings a lovely warmth to whatever look you're doing. I'll get a lot of use out of this one. The formula – a cremesheen – is fantastic. No surprise there considering how much everyone loves the cremesheens. It applies smoothly and feels nice and nourishing on the lips. Also the smell was a nice surprise. They're sweet and vanilla-like, but it's not overboard.

MAC Flat Out Fabulous
You can't not say the name of this lipstick without snapping your fingers around wildly. But, hey, they kind of nailed it with the name. It's undeniably a statement lipstick. The colour is a bit of a SOB to capture on camera. I think it's reading slightly more bright and neon than it actually is. Whereas what attracted me to it was that it's a bit more deep and plummy than some of the bold pink lipsticks that I own. It's a retro matte finish, which means means it's really matte, which I love. Somehow they've managed to make the formula not feel like a desert climate on your lips too. Impressive.

38 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picks, Flat Out Fabulous, is well fabulous!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tired a mac lipstick, shocker I know! But Pure Zen is really tempting me!

    Jodie xo // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure Zen looks lovely on you! Personally I'm a fan of Plumful and Syrup. Can't believe it took you so long to get your first MAC lipsticks but you made some great choices. I'll have to check out Pure Zen and see if it works with my skin tone. xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure Zen is gorgeous on you, it's so incredibly natural.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flat Out Fabulous is, well, just that. A lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flat out fabulous one :) Perfect bright autumn shade ! x

    - Chaitra | PinkPot

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful colors!

    Sophia | sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've actually never seen the shade Flat Out Fabulous but it is gorgeous! I really love cool-toned purpley fuchsias, they're so eye catching! Pure Zen is such a pretty nude on your skintone! As much as I love it, I think it would be too pale for me!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure Zen looks lovely on you! x

    http://heyyletsmakeup.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes indeed! The perfect name I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of wondered if it was really worth it myself, but they are really nice and they have every shade you could ever want.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a feeling it will be my most worn lipstick. I really like the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would look amazing on you actually!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of those shades are gorgeous, and suit you perfectly!

    Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh Pure Zen is one of my absolute faves! Both colours look great on you x
    http://www.allaboutbelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mac's Plumful in lustre finish is my absolute favourite! I also have Creme Cup and Creme D' Nude in cremesheen, but they don't seem to sit right on my lips... I have to exfoliate, use a lip balm, apply and blend, then a gloss on top... Too much fuss! I remember trying Pure Zen on a counter and liking it... :)

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Mac's Red Balloon! My favourite lipstick from them! :) X

    http://charlottesophiaroberts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had never heard of it either! But I was having a nose around the other day on the Mac site and I came across that one. So I googled the swatches... and... well... this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Plumful will always remind me of Lily Pebbles. It's a great shade.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pure Zen looks perfect on you! We have similar colouring so I might have to try it out, although every nude I've tried in the past that isn't essentially a tinted balm has washed me out :( x

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the look of Pure Zen, such a beautiful colour!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  22. I find this one doesn't wash me out as much because it has just enough warmth and pinky tones. Also, I already commented on your blog, but your face is ridiculous... in a very, very good way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. MAC lipsticks are the shiz! I find they're long-lasting, a bit drying (which my oily skin likes), and I love their scent. These swatches look lovely on you!

    xx, Ada
    www.adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aaaargh that Flat Out Fabulous looks flat-out fabulous on you! Gorgeous choices x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm pretty much obsessed with your blog. If there were such things as blog crushes, you'd be my number one! LOOOOVE your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. They both look so beautiful! I've been meaning to pick up Pure Zen for a while but I'm waiting to have 6 empties (which is going to take forever) as I'm always out of ideas when the time comes!
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha thank you so much! I'm actually smiling right now because that was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The smell is so good. And that Flat Out Fabulous shade left an amazing stain on my lips even after the product wore off. So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ok this is going to sound damn right creepy but I really like the shape of your lips! It makes any lip colour stand out!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
  30. Is it 6 now?! I thought it was 5. It's never going to happen for me. I don't get through makeup quickly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahaha. I'll take your creepy. That's actually an awesome compliment because I'm always a bit weird about the shape of my lips. So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Me neither but as soon as it happens (it's only been a couple of times and a couple of products weren't truly empty but I just couldn't go past that 1/4 left as they were foundations that stopped working for me) I magically stare at the lipsticks without a clue, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love Flat out Fabulous! It is one of my favorite shades ever!! It is perfect for this time of the year! I've never heard of Pure Zen but it looks beautiful! I need a nude peachy shade and this one is seriously beautiful! Might have to pick it up one day!! xx

    Alexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  34. Pure Zen looks amazing on you xx


    http://ofdreamsandthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Flat out fabulous is one of my all-time favourites! And hey! Well done for your hard work in makeup school ! :)
    www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete