12.10.2014

A HOLLY JOLLY LITTLE GIFT GUIDE


I'm a bit late to the gift guide game here. I was feeling hesitant to do one at all. You see all these vloggers/bloggers that go out and buy out everything in Sephora or Space NK and it's hard to measure up. That being said, I decided to do guide anyways because I do have a few things that I really treasure and I think any beauty lover would enjoy receiving. Hope you guys find something in here!

Zoeva Rose Gold Luxury Set
When I posted about this brush set a month ago so many people said they were hoping to get it for Christmas. If I hadn't already caved then this would be on the top of my list too. Not only do these brushes feel unbelievably soft, but they look incredibly beautiful with their copper ferrule. If you're in Europe you can purchase Zoeva off of Beauty Bay, but us North Americans have to get them off the Zoeva website. The shipping is a bit pricey, but they arrived very quickly when I ordered them.

Voluspa Goji & Tarocco Orange Candle
Scented candles are a classic gift choice. They're the kind of gift that you can't go wrong with. My personal favourite, and one that is very much appropriate for Christmas, is the Voluspa Goji and Tarocco Orange Candle. This candle effectively fills the room when it's burning and smells so strongly that it wafts at you even when unlit. I recently went it Anthropologie and noticed the entire (enormous) store had a delicious, familiar scent, only to find that my favourite candle was indeed the culprit. I think if you're not totally sure what scent to pick for someone, then fruity is a safe bet. I've yet to meet someone that didn't love the smell of this candle with I forcibly shoved it in their face.

Nuxe Multipurpose Oil
I know, I know I bang on about this oil all the time. It would make such a good gift though. I use it on my arms as a moisturizer, on my neck as a perfume and in the ends of my hair as a treatment. It's so luxurious. The packaging is really elegant and simple and the smell is just perfect in mind mind – light, floral and sweet.

Lush Bath Treats
Lush bath bombs and bubble bars make nice gifts to give because they're a bit expensive to justify buying for yourself, but they're so lovely to use. Plus it's nice to give a gift to someone that acts as an excuse for them to have a little relaxation/pamper session. Everyone's got their own taste, but I have to say the Dragon's Egg has to be my favourite bath bomb with it's fresh, lemony scent.

Watches
A nice watch is something truly lovely to receive. It makes you feel as stylish and grown up. Right? Of course the brand of the moment is Daniel Wellington. Their watches are undeniably classic, sleek and gorgeous. If you're looking to give someone an extra special treat then go for it. Check out Brittany's Daniel Wellington post for a discount code. If those watches are too far out of your price range, then I really recommend heading over to Asos. They have a ton of beautiful watches with a similar vibe at around $50 or under. Some of my favourites are here, here, here and here.

Nars Christmas Sets
A couple of things that I don't have here to show you guys, but I really wanted to mention nonetheless are the Nars Digital World Lip Pencil Set and the Virtual Domination Cheek Palette. I just think that these are such good gifts for beauty lovers. The packaging is beautiful and the products inside are major favourites in the beauty world. Of all the makeup gift sets released this Christmas, these are the most exciting in my eyes.

19 comments:

  1. Okay, I bought my bestie that candle for her Birthday this year and am obsessed! Every time I go over to her place it smells like that candle and I just can't get enough…definitely thinking I need a little one for myself now too! Thanks for the little shoutout about the watches, that was mighty kind of you Miss Holly! xx


    *also, small typo on antro's name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watches are always lovely gifts as they aren't always something you would treat yourself too!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photography is incredible, so dreamy <3 x


    www.underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Zoeva brushes are definitely on everyones list this year it seems! They are so, so beautiful.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol oh man that was a fail. Thanks for the save. Get yourself a candle for the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha thanks. I actually tried to take this picture about 5 different times. So I'm glad it looks okay to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little gift guide! I wonder how much Zoeva shipping is to Australia...will have to investigate! The ASOS watches are gorg, wanntttt. And the NARS gift sets are too beautiful.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah. Even if those brushes were crap I'd be tempted to buy them just to stick them in photographs. Plus did you see that Sigma released their version with the "complete copper kit" and it's a whopping $472 dollars?! Suddenly the Zoeva set doesn't seem so pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be psyched to get a nice watch for Christmas! In fact I have before... and I was psyched.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh man it's hard for me not to get the Nars stuff. So beautious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great gift guide! I really want the Nars Digital World set but I'm not sure that the two lighter shades would suit me, so tempted by the packaging though! x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love zoeva brush set :)

    I'm running a "Christmas" giveaway (lorac pro pallet+ the wet brush), if you're interested, check this link:

    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need the Zoeva rose gold brush set in my life!!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Zoeva brush set may be sat atop of my Christmas wishlist, hope youre listening Santa :)

    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Zoeva brush set is just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, but the three bold shades are just so gewd.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha I hope Santa's listening too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not going to disagree with you there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah thank you so much for introducing me to Voluspa candles! I've been on the lookout for some high quality candles that don't have the nauseating price tag of a brand like Diptyque (whose candles I love but, c'mon, $30 for a mini candle?). Voluspa is just perfect! :)


    Morgan // www.blushingwit.com

    ReplyDelete