12.08.2014

LAND OF THE FORGOTTEN GEMS


I've got a fever... and the only cure... is more makeup. Yup, that's the mentality that has got me where I am. I have a pretty big stash of makeup. Granted, it's absolutely nothing like any of those Youtube makeup storage videos where multiple Ikea Alex drawers are needed, but I realize that compared to your average Joe I have a quite a bit. I'm quite lucky in that respect. Every once in a while I pull out a product, give it a go and think daayyuumm child, how could I have forgotten about you. Well I've done that a few times recently so I thought it about time to transport you the land of the forgotten gems. OOOoooOOOoo.

Estee Lauder Stay On Shadow Paint in Cosmic
This is such a beautiful cream eyeshadow. I remember thinking it was hard to get good colour pay off when I first got this, but either it's softened as I've gone further down the pot or the weather is just warmer. Either way it applies beautifully now and doesn't budge all day. The colour is perfect for this time of year too – ideal for a Christmas parties. It's a lovely burgundy/plum with quite a bit of sparkle to it.

Wet n Wild Matte Lip Cover in Purty Persimmon
This is one of the most out there reds I own. With a true orange base, this lipstick reminds me very much of Mac's Lady Danger, only for about a tenth of the price. It's very matte and long lasting. The only thing to think about is that it is a smidge drying, so starting off with a good lip balm might be a good idea.

Revlon Cream Blush in Coral Reef
I put this on the other day and was actually wowed. I don't mean by my own beauty, rather how instantly healthy this blush makes you look. There's something about the cream to powder formula and the tone of this colour that instantly makes you look healthy and glowing. Bright colours applied with a light hand often do that. This one is something extra special though.

L-R: Estee Lauder Cosmic, Wet'n'Wild Purty Persimmon, Revlon Coral Reef, Revlon Barcelona Nights, L'oreal Magic Lumi



Revlon Moisture Stain in Barcelona Nights
I bought this a few months ago and kind of forgot about it right away. I think I wasn't completely enamoured with the colour at the time and tucked it away in my disappointment. But I pulled it back out the other day and I was actually quite impressed the second time around. The texture it what's really enjoyable about these. They feel really luxurious and balmy on your lips and the colour pay off is impressive. The one downside I found was they don't leave much of a stain when the gloss fades away. That may just be the colour I picked though.

L'oreal Magic Lumi Primer
This was a Youtube favourite a few years ago and for good reason. It performs like you'd imagine a high end product would. It imparts a beautiful luminosity to your skin when used as a primer and it looks even more amazing when used as a highlighter. What I find particularly appealing is that there are not visible sparkles in this product. I'm not a bit fan of obvious chunks of sparkle in highlighter.

21 comments:

  1. I love finding products I had forgotten about! I love the look of the Revlon Moisture Stain!

    Jodie // La Lune Song

    ReplyDelete
  2. This always happens to me with lip products! I will wear something non stop for a week and then forget about it. It's always such a great feeling to rediscover them, though.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the Revlon Moisture Stains don't really stain too much but they are pretty comfy to wear. I think that color looks really lovely though!

    x beauty, style, life | bespectacled

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, very pretty! This makes me want to try a cream eyeshadow -- I'm finding with the heat my powder ones don't stay on for long enough without a primer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely try cream then! I find the same thing where powders just don't last (even with primer for me), but cream eyeshadows are so good for that, especially the Estee Lauder ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is kind of a nice colour. I think I was expecting it to be deeper when I first got it so I was a bit disappointed, but if I just think of it as a fuchsia it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like Christmas hath come again... at some random point in time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really curious to know what the YSL version is like. I wonder if they stain better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cream shadow is just my type of colour. Very pretty.

    Emma & The Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look like great products, the Estee Lauder eyeshadow is such a pretty colour!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cosmic looks absolutely gorgeous, such a stunning shade!!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of the moisture stain, it looks so pretty!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good warm redish shade on the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm tempted to try more in different colours, but they're not all that cheap for drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the look of the Estee Lauder cream eyeshadow, such a pretty shade! x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Estee Lauder eyeshadow is really nice and I am wondering why I still haven't tried this Revlon cream blush. It's so nice! I often rediscover my stash and try to dig once in a while to avoid forgetting about something for too long. Nice post!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | TOO FACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Estee Lauder Shadow Paint is gorgeous!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been trying to think of a way I could work it into another Christmas look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Estee Lauder eyeshadow is such a lovely shade. And I love blushes like coral reef! I'm not a fan of sparkles either, so it's good that the L'oreal primer is naturally glowy.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  20. I keep meaning to try the Loreal primer but just never end up picking it up! Need to do that... Cosmic is such a pretty shade! I love the formula of the Estee Lauder stay on shadow paints. Oooh, I need to get my hands on Purty Persimmon. Wot a stunna.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha building a list. I seriously think that L'oreal Primer is out of this world though. I remember a few years back trying to find a highlighter in Sephora that had no visible pieces of sparkle and it was near impossible. Low and behold there was a brilliant one in the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete