3.22.2015

OH HAUL YES I DID


I headed into the city yesterday with the intention of buying a new night cream. My second bottle of La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra finally ran out and, as much as I loved it, I thought it was due time to try something new. I did indeed find a new moisturizer... I just accidentally found a few others things along the way.

Keil's Ultra Facial Cream
I went back and forth a number of times about what moisturizer to buy next. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go low end or high end, rich or lightweight, gel or cream – basically I was experiencing as much turmoil as one can feel over something as trivial as a moisturizer (dare I say it? First world problems). In the end I settled with the Keil's Ultra Facial Cream as it seemed like a good compromise. At $33/50ml it's not too outrageous. It sinks in quite well for a hydrating cream, which is nice for my oily skin. I think I could just about get away with wearing this as a day cream in the colder months. It also doesn't contain any added fragrance. I always appreciate that in skincare.

MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash
I popped into MAC to pick up a few items for friends (they also enjoy the PRO discount that I get, naughty) and a mascara for myself. I always have trouble with mascara smudging under my eyes, and I've heard a number of people say that the Extended Play Mascara is both smudge-proof and washes off with warm water. It sounded like it ticks all the boxes so I went for it.

MAC Mehr
Thhheeennn an accident happened. I've been eyeing up MAC Mehr for a while now. It looks like the perfect 90's matte lip for pale girls – not too dark, not too brown, not too pink. So yeah, I caved. It didn't help that the beautiful, sassy, Scottish sales assistant encouraged me to buy it. She was amazing. We're soul mates I'm sure. She just doesn't know it yet. 

Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder
I spotted a good sale on Physician's Formula products while doing my grocery shopping at Real Canadian Superstore. Thanks Superstore. You never let me down. I don't often see Physician's Formula on offer so it seemed like a good opportunity to finally pick up the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder, which is basically a subtle, glowy bronzer. I've seen Fleur wearing it a number of times on her channel and it always looks amazing on her. To be fair, that's probably just her natural skin that looks amazing, but in the quest to look as glowing and angelic as Fleur I picked up the powder.

Maybelline Fit Me Powder
I mentioned in my Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit post that I'd never found a powder from the drugstore that I was particularly enamored with. The Maybelline Fit Me Powder was also on sale and it looked interesting to me. It feels fairly soft and lightweight from what I can tell from swatching it on my hand and I thought it might be nice to have a powder with a little bit of pigment in it for a change. I just hope that it doesn't have a chalky finish. I'm unsure about it one, but as always, I'll keep you posted.

21 comments:

  1. Well the Kiehl's is defiantly a sensible buy if it makes you feel better...and everyone needs something MAC in a haul...practically the law!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the Physician's Formula bronzer. So cute!
    thebeautybloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested to try the Fit Me Powder, I haven't dabbled too much in trying out different powders. Also love the look of that lip colour, I feel like it may suit me since I'm so pale.


    Emma | ohflowerchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I don't think I've ever seen Mehr before, curious to see how you go with it! I hope the Kiehls moisturiser works out for you as well :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently bought Mehr lipstick by MAC not too long ago and it's absolutely stunning! I was randomly swatching lipsticks one day (as you do) when I came across it. It was out of stock for months and I'm so happy to have it in my life now! On me, it's more pink than nude and it's quickly become one of my favourites. So easy to wear and such a beautiful colour!


    http://likeneonlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of MAC Mehr before, but your description sounds tempting - I've been looking for something like this for a while now! Hope to see a review of it on your blog soon, maybe that will ... inspire me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Maybelline Fit Me Powder is a great drugstore products! Oh and I'm crushing on that MAC Mehr, such a lovely shade.

    crush-on-blush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know you like the Fit Me Powder! I'm excited to give it a proper go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like it's that Kylie Jenner lip that everyone's going crazy for, but slightly lighter for fairer skin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha "as you do." Yes. I can relate. I've oddly not heard much mention of this lipstick. I thought it would be all over given the recent 90's lip trend. But yeah I think that's what I like about it - it's a bit more pink. I originally went to go look at Velvet Teddy, but that was a bit too brown for me. Love your blog by the way Tenneil :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure Mehr will make an appearance at some point soon (wiggly eyebrows).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha thanks. It kinnnnddd of makes me feel better. I had a day of shame.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So far so good too in terms of formula.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah. I wasn't sure about the 90's lip, but this is a good'n'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah I am pallle as winter right now and it's not crazy looking on me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mac Mehr looks amazing, and I've been eyeing up the Kiehls moisturiser for a while now! Great Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Curious to hear how you get along with the Kiehl's moisturiser ! :) Keep us updated! xx


    www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I literally just purchased the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream in my latest spring beauty haul, and I am so excited to use it! I really want to check out that Maybelline Fit Me Powder too :)

    Xo,
    Emily | EMBUR.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE Mehr, it's one of my favourite shades and suits virtually everyone. Have recommended it loads on my blog, hope you're enjoying it! That Physician's Formula blush looks lovely too :)


    Jess - makingitupblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. How's the mascara? Is it really smudge-proof? :-)

    ReplyDelete