3.20.2015

TARTE AMAZONIAN CLAY 12 HOUR FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION


I purchased the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation about a month ago. I would have written about it sooner, but it took me the whole month to type out the name of the foundation. Bad joke, but seriously, it's like everyone's in some unspoken competition to out-lengthen each other in name giving these days. Anyone else notice that? So you guys know the drill by now. There's a new foundation in town (and by town I mean my drawer), which means imma give you the rundown.

This isn't a foundation I would typically go for as it's a full coverage liquid formula. I tend to either go for mineral powder foundations or lighter coverage liquids. However, what with having my face up on the blog semi-regularly, I wanted to have something that I could turn to when I'm looking to create a really flawless base. This certainly does that. It's full coverage (though slightly less so than the Laura Mercier Silk Creme for reference) with a surprisingly lightweight and easily blendable texture. I normally can't stand feeling of foundations on my skin, but this one doesn't bother me at all. I should note that it's actually more of a mousse than a liquid.

In terms of finish, it's definitely matte. It sets and feels dry to the touch very quickly. For that reason, I probably wouldn't advise using this one if you struggle with especially dry skin. I find that it can look a bit cakey on any dry patches I have if I'm not careful about how I apply it. However, the good news is that it really does last fantastically for those of us with oily skin. 12 hours is not inaccurate. Also, most impressively, it has an enormous shade range. 25 shades, to be exact. You have a pretty good chance of finding a colour match.

So overall, yeah, I'd say it's a good choice for those with normal to oily skin who like a full coverage, matte foundation that doesn't feel like a mask. I'm particularly impressed with how weightless it feels.


16 comments:

  1. This sounds so good, especially for photographs!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like such a great product, now i really want to pick it up ! would be perfect for me x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good, I'm like you though more into lighter bases! :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such amazing things about this foundation! I'm generally not a fan of heavy coverage foundations, just because I don't need/want that sorta coverage for everyday, but I love how lightweight this sounds. Impressive shade range as well!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always heard amazing things about this foundation, it definetly sounds like a good one!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this foundation. It gives such good coverage and lasts so long, even on my combination/oily skin. Such a good one! xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think mousse is the perfect way to describe this foundation. It's coverage is great but the finish feels like second skin. I keep finding myself reaching for this foundation!

    Cindy // www.cindyhyue.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds amazing, but personally I'm not a fan of dry foundations as I have quite dry skin! Bit this does sound like a really good foundations, lovely post as always! Xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my all-time favorite foundation. I love the coverage and the fact that it doesn't feel super heavy on the skin. I always reach for this mascara when I have an event to go to, or when I need my foundation to look good all-day long.


    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. Yeah, I can't quite picture this on dry skin. At least I think you'd need a darn good moisturizer to go underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah my skin gets good and oily by the end of the day and it's still there to the bitter end. Pretty good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's crazy how lightweight it feels. It's funny when I think back to my Revlon Colorstay stays. That feels almost like paint in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right there with ya. I don't actually want my skin to be that "perfected" on a day to day basis. I like to see a little unevenness, but for photos it's nice to have this guy in my back pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely. A handy one to have for blog photos. Normally I don't mind some imperfections, but when you have to look at your unmoving face in ultra HD... it can be nice to have full coverage haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I have this sitting in my drawer but have never gotten around to try it, will definitely give it a go now :) If you say it works very well for oily skin I'll have to copy paste the url now and send it on to my friends who always give out about not finding a foundation that stays on them ( even when having used a primer before). I'm also pleased to know that I'm not the only one that doesn't enjoy the feeling of foundation on my skin.... :D


    xxx, Gabriella
    www.willowjolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Curse my dry skin! I'm still looking for a full coverage foundation that ISN'T matte, but this one sounds good for the not-so-dry days I suppose!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete